Dji Terra Export
2039 2 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b_clive
lvl.1
Malta

Dear All,

I have managed to set my GCPs on a project I did of around 32000m2 and I was very happy with the result. I do have a couple of questions though.

• I am using an ED50 UTM 33N coordinate system. I don't know If that makes any difference but my orthomosaic is not very well aligned with the maps provided on dji terra even though when I check the ground control points I recorded on-site using a GPS Rover they fit perfectly.
  • After exporting all the various deliverables I tried to open the orthomosaic .tif file but Ii is too large to open anywhere. Is there any workaround?
  • Noted that while the pointcould in .las keeps the coordinates system set in dji terra on my GCPs, not the same can be said for the model cause it is exported in original 0,0 coordinates for some reason.

Thanks in advance
Clive
2023-4-29
Use props
b_clive
lvl.1
Malta

Hey
2023-5-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,

Don't expect to get any technical help from DJI regarding the Terra software here, the bots don't know anything about it.

1/ If you are talking about the background map of DJI Terra yes it is normal. The aerial view is provided by Google, it is more or less well aligned in places so there may be small shifts.

2/ What are you trying to open the TIF with? You can try with QGIS, if you give it time it should be able to open anything. Then you reduce the resolution or you fragment it to make it compatible with less powerful machines. If you can't, send it to me by google drive, I'll try to open it and fragment it.

3/ When you talk about model, is it a mesh or a DEM raster? If you're looking to make mesh, I don't know because I've never tried with Terra. If we talk about the DEM then it is not normal at all.

And you must be able to move your thread in "pro system", it is more appropriate. You might get more response.
2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules