Carbon fiber props..
1802 22 2015-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

I bought the corbon fiber propellers from DJI and went to put them on my P3P.  I noticed as I was screweing them down, they felt "different", almost "wobbled" slightly as they went down.  The standard props feel smoother as they go on.  This is true for all 4 props.

Anyone else have the DJI carbon fiber props, and if so, notice they feel different going on?
2015-8-24
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

I don't have them, but I was thinking of getting them. Does it fly right with them?
2015-8-24
Use props
heyandy
lvl.2
United States

Phantom Menace Posted at 2015-8-25 01:41
I don't have them, but I was thinking of getting them. Does it fly right with them?

Just put them on the bird about an hour ago, but since I am still working from home, haven't had a chance to take her outside and fly..   

But thought I would ask the question as the day winds down to see what others experienced putting them on, don't really want any props falling off as I have 76 flights on the standard props with no issues...
2015-8-24
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

Mine seem to tighten on without issue and seem ok to me. Not sure if there is any connection, but soon after using the CF blades, I did develop the known stress cracks in the motor mount screw holes. got them on two arms of the bird.  As for flight different, it is subtle but seems to be more responsive.
2015-8-24
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

I just ordered some the other day. Has anyone noticed stress cracks develop after using the cf props?
2015-8-24
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

I put them on mine a few days ago.  They have about 10 flights on them.  No stress cracks as of yet.  They seem to me a bit quieter than the stock props.
2015-8-24
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I had one that had some trash inside the threads. I blew them out and they went on without a hitch. They fly real nice.
2015-8-24
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have about about 30 flights with mine, no cracks and they spin on like butter. Definitely quieter and more responsive. My favorite thing about them is the fact that it is ultra smooth on descent.
2015-8-24
Use props
heyandy
lvl.2
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2015-8-25 04:27
I have about about 30 flights with mine, no cracks and they spin on like butter. Definitely quieter  ...

Is it quitting time yet?!?!   Want to get outside and test them out and I don't have much time before going to win some friends money at poker!   Such priorities in life!  :-)
2015-8-24
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have them and haven't had any problems at all.  The spin on like normal and then I hand tighten them.  Maybe you got a bad batch or something.  They fly great and are perfectly balanced right out of the bag.  
2015-8-24
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

Just ordered mine. I haven't received them yet. I had just heard a few things on another thread about these props and the stress cracks. I was just wondering.
2015-8-24
Use props
Phantom Menace
lvl.1

United States

If someone out there has experienced the stress cracks (whether or not they were caused by the CF blades) could you post some closeup hi rez pictures of the cracks, so I know what I should be looking out for?
2015-8-25
Use props
rmeyers
lvl.2

United States

Mine I just came to find from the tracking # that DJI sent me are stuck in Customs and now have no ETA. DJI customer support told me they are researching it and will get back to me.
2015-8-25
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

I think anybody who installs these props are NOT going to want the standard white ones again. Although, keep them for back ups. Always, before you install anything with internal threads....clean out the bloody holes!! Don't take it for granted that the manufacturer has done their job and cleaned the threads properly. Food for thought!!
2015-8-25
Use props
heyandy
lvl.2
United States

Sling Shot Posted at 2015-8-26 00:08
I think anybody who installs these props are NOT going to want the standard white ones again. Althou ...

I am going to get a can of compressed air and blow out the threads on the props and the bird itself and try and thread them back down..   It was too windy last night so i didn't get a chance to take her up with them on..  Hoping tonight!
2015-8-25
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

heyandy Posted at 2015-8-26 00:33
I am going to get a can of compressed air and blow out the threads on the props and the bird itsel ...

Good luck....love mine!!
2015-8-25
Use props
tyr33
lvl.2

United States

I just received mine in the mail. Hopefully I can get out and test before the storms hit south Florida.
2015-8-25
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Can someone can tell me the benefits of the carbon fiber props ?

i want to buy them but some people say that they dont help at all
other say that you have less fly time

and others that are the best ever
2015-12-23
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-23 18:50
Can someone can tell me the benefits of the carbon fiber props ?

i want to buy them but some people ...

I like them. I like the look of them more than anything. I THINK I can tell that it is more responsive and smoother on decent, but it is minimal. If you are expecting massive gains, nah.
2015-12-23
Use props
scottdrmyers
lvl.2

Canada

The CF props will resist deformation better than the plastic props. You will get a tad more responsiveness out of using them. No weight savings, if there is it's very minimal but I highly doubt it.

CF is very strong but if it hits something hard it will crack, break, shatter or spider web.
2015-12-23
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

Jkeller84 Posted at 2015-12-23 17:56
I like them. I like the look of them more than anything. I THINK I can tell that it is more respon ...

Thanks for answering
2015-12-24
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

scottdrmyers Posted at 2015-12-23 22:30
The CF props will resist deformation better than the plastic props. You will get a tad more responsi ...

Thanks for answering
2015-12-24
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Carbon fiber props are much stronger than the plastic ones.  If you hit a pole or flip the machine rather than break a prop you may break the motor mount instead.  I'll stick with the plastic ones and if you want a different look you can easily color them with fabric dye.
2015-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules