question regarding posts production workflow Gyroflo and Avaya fo...
827 8 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial SF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4169282 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am posting this hoping that someone can tell me if I am missing something, and if my workflow is wrong because my Avata footage once stabilized with Gyroflo looks good the file size is huge. I am talking a 2 min clip ends up being in the neighborhood of 15 gigs? This obviously adds up insanely fast, I run a camera for a living so I am familiar with working with large LOG footage..etc however non of my previous drone footage was ever this large, and furthermore my professional Rig doesn't even spit out footage this large. So I would greatly appreciate it if someone can confirm that they will deal with this and or if I am exporting from Gyroflo. I understand and assume that the file size is getting larger after Gyroflo because it now includes all the data for the said program. Thanks, guys hopefully someone can help me.
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Aerial SF. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience. We have forwarded your concern to our related team for confirmation. We'll keep you updated.
2023-4-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Can you confirm the original file size before Gyroflow? Thank you.
2023-4-30
Use props
Aerial SF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello thanks for getting back to me, so an example of file size out of the drone directly would be roughly 1.5 gigs for a minute to two minutes. and as mentioned after I use Gyroflo file size is 15-20 gigs granted ounce I take into Resolve and edit and then export the file size will be smaller if that helps. I appreciate you getting back to me quickly.
2023-5-1
Use props
Aerial SF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I am going to upload to screens shots for you, the first is the files and size as is straight from the drone untouched, and the second is the same files but after being processed thru Gyroflo, you will notice the file name correlates to the stabilized footage, the stabilized footage simply says stabilized after the file name. Hope this may help  
2023-5-1
Use props
CarlitoQuerido
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31483763 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Maybe your export settings are different than h264/h265 , probably you are exporting in ProRes or any similar.
2023-5-1
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

CarlitoQuerido Posted at 5-1 15:51
Maybe your export settings are different than h264/h265 , probably you are exporting in ProRes or any similar.

this makes sense given the conversion from .mp4 to .mov.
2023-5-2
Use props
Aerial SF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

No I export as .265 I work with post production work daily this is the first time I have used Gyroflo and those large files are when exported from Gyro when I export from Resolve file sizes go back down? I'll triple check that but I for sure have never selected Prores or anything but .265
I appreciate everyone's help
2023-5-2
Use props
Aerial SF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CarlitoQuerido Posted at 5-1 15:51

so it comes with great humility lol that I have to reply to you specifically as you are the one that pointed out exactly what I had done, I am very new to Gyroflo software and have only worked with it for about a week, and just now upon looking into creating a preset I noticed there were export settings within Gryroflo lol duh anyway I had in fact been exporting as Prores so thus I corrected it and things are great. Again I really appreciate the insight, sometimes its tough to see the forest thru the trees have a great day.
2023-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules