1597 11 2023-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robbieallen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1391391 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I am trying to get firmware V06.01.0606 on to my Mavic 3E. It keeps failing. I need this for POI to work, it is part of my (UK) GVC practical exam next week.

I am using DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) on a PC. It downloads. It 'transmits'. It starts 'updating' the drone.  Fresh battery, every time.

At some point around 80%, it stops, waits for a few minutes, then fails, with the error 'DJI Mavic 3E: Update failed. (1-2-6).' At the bottom of the screen it says: 'Update failed.: 0x024f3a '

Using the controller with DJI fly (now updated to firmware 02.00.0407) to perform the upgrade it does not work - this only updates to 05.00.0206.

I am now in a situation where the controller throws an error saying 'incompatible firmware versions', POI button loads up on the controller but the orbit functionality does not work.

I downgraded the controller to 02.00.0303. This removes the incompatible firmware error, and shows in the firmware update for the aircraft that the latest version is 06.01.0606. It went through the motions of upgrading and reported it as succesful. HOWEVER, it didn't actually update. Using the controller to update, it now stops and says:

Unknown Error. Error ID (-24). Pretty much all attempts to update controller or aircraft on the controller using DJI Pilot 2 now results in failure - it downloads, it starts to upload, it fails. I've tried using the controller on my home wifi, and using a 4G hotspot.

I have been trying to fix this all day, and it's driving me up the wall. Among things I have tried: different USB-C cables, different USB ports on the computer. SD card in, SD card out. Same result, each time.

UPDATE: holy cow. Finally. One last crack at plugging it into DJI Assistant 2, and it just worked. 06.01.0606 now functioning.

Any insight into what might have caused these problems would be most appreciated.

Thanks

2023-4-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is usually the really crappy DJI server.  Not bashing them, just saying, sometimes it takes a few tries to complete successfully.  It is not you.... it's them.
2023-4-29
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13538875 ft
  • >>>
United States

I highly doubt you're using DJI Fly to update your M3E. Sometimes doing an offline update is a lot more stable than relying on DJIs unreliable servers. Download the zip file from DJI's website:  M3E_06.01.06.06

I had to do it this way for the last M300 update. Put the zip file on a USB stick and plug that into the RC. Or you can just have it saved on the internal storage. Then you can update without even having an internet connection.
2023-4-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-29 15:04
I highly doubt you're using DJI Fly to update your M3E. Sometimes doing an offline update is a lot more stable than relying on DJIs unreliable servers. Download the zip file from DJI's website:  M3E_06.01.06.06

I had to do it this way for the last M300 update. Put the zip file on a USB stick and plug that into the RC. Or you can just have it saved on the internal storage. Then you can update without even having an internet connection.

lol, yes I caught this too.  If it is a M3 Enterprise, it is the Pilot 2 app or Assistant 2 on pc or mac.
2023-4-29
Use props
robbieallen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1391391 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, thanks for the correction, I am not using DJI Fly.

The update has wiped all of the flight routes I have built for photogrammetry at sites across the UK. Thanks, DJI!

2023-5-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

robbieallen Posted at 5-1 06:34

The update has wiped all of the flight routes I have built for photogrammetry at sites across the UK. Thanks, DJI!

Ugh.  Not fun to rebuild that.  
2023-5-1
Use props
Newport Dave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1554275 ft
  • >>>
United States

robbieallen Posted at 5-1 06:34

That's truly disturbing! Guess who will be exporting and backing up flight routes this afternoon...
2023-5-1
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Newport Dave Posted at 5-1 10:14
That's truly disturbing! Guess who will be exporting and backing up flight routes this afternoon...

There's an easier way to back up your flight plans. Upload it to the cloud then it'll be available on any RC that's signed into your DJI account.
2023-5-1
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-1 10:40
There's an easier way to back up your flight plans. Upload it to the cloud then it'll be available on any RC that's signed into your DJI account. [view_image]

Now if only FH would get some route features that would allow us to setup on computer and sync down….
2023-5-1
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 5-1 11:12
Now if only FH would get some route features that would allow us to setup on computer and sync down….

Oh man that would be nice, could you imagine? This however would be along the lines of adding useful features to the M3E. Something DJI has shown little to no interest in since it's launch.  
2023-5-1
Use props
Newport Dave
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1554275 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-1 10:40
There's an easier way to back up your flight plans. Upload it to the cloud then it'll be available on any RC that's signed into your DJI account. [view_image]

Thank you! Still backed them up to the sd card anyway. Now I'm really paranoid.
2023-5-1
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-1 11:50
Oh man that would be nice, could you imagine? This however would be along the lines of adding useful features to the M3E. Something DJI has shown little to no interest in since it's launch.

yup. or fix the interface and TTS bugs that show in Chinese.
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules