2289 6 2023-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will we see a mission planning update on the Pilot 2 app? Or be able to use Flighthub 2 to plan a mapping mission? The option to use FH2 to plan a misson from a PC has been greyed out since it was released. Things ranging from choosing the starting point, route angle and a few others need improved. The latest issue I've ran into are these tiny no-fly zones ruining a mapping mission. The two examples I'll show here are buildings which have a small jail inside. I understand why it's an NFZ and I don't dispute that. When I'm making a large map, the size of my small city, they become problematic. As soon as it approaches these areas the drone freaks out and haults the mission, rendering the rest of the flight plan unuseable. These drones can detect random obstacles and avoid them in real-time. So why can't these obstacles that are known beforehand be avoided as well? Or even if it does happen, tell Pilot 2 to skip the 5 seconds of a mission that it would take to fly through this forbiden zone? Because once it pauses the mission, whatever is still left can never be resumed.  
Screenshot_20230430-114431.jpg
Screenshot_20230430-114549.jpg
2023-4-30
Use props
Newport Dave
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I certainly hope DJI plans to finish Flight Hub 2 before they have the nerve to start charging for it.  And no indication what exactly we're talking about here. Is it a "Terra" level investment, or an annoying "Air Data" level monthly fee. As far as the "NFZ's" looks like you will have to split it up into sections. Cheers!
2023-4-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Newport Dave Posted at 4-30 11:58
I certainly hope DJI plans to finish Flight Hub 2 before they have the nerve to start charging for it.  And no indication what exactly we're talking about here. Is it a "Terra" level investment, or an annoying "Air Data" level monthly fee. As far as the "NFZ's" looks like you will have to split it up into sections. Cheers!

Once FH2 leaves the beta stage in 2 months it sure better offer a lot more than it currently does. Right now it looks like a proof of concept more than anything. I just want a way to plan a mapping mission on anything other than the small RC. From a PC would be ideal. FH2 handles cloud mapping but no way to plan a mapping mission. Seems like they're developing this software in reverse order. It doesn't receive many updates but this latest one a few days ago really only added features to the DJI Dock. I guess that's what they're targeting this software to cater to and help sell. If they integrated the M3E more along the lines of how the Phantom 4 is with Terra this would be perfect.
2023-4-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

FH2 is unusable in it's current form for my use cases.  I had to fully embrace Dronelink and there has been no looking back.
2023-5-1
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed! Would be awesome to get to test out the additional route methods.. way point only is lacking!
2023-5-1
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gulfpre Posted at 5-1 11:16
Agreed! Would be awesome to get to test out the additional route methods.. way point only is lacking!

I find it hilarious how they describe FH2 mission planning features on their website.

"Create ALL KINDS of flight missions". Of course by "all kinds" they mean only waypoints.
2023-5-1
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-1 12:03
I find it hilarious how they describe FH2 mission planning features on their website. [view_image]

"Create ALL KINDS of flight missions". Of course by "all kinds" they mean only waypoints.

The excuse is likely "well... it's in extended, free to your use, BETA. what do you want, what do you expect."
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules