buy a used dji mavic 2 advance thermal. unbind accont?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264308 ft
Sweden

I'm going to buy a used dji mavic 2 advance thermal. does the previous owner have to log it out of their dji pilot account? unbind account?

is there any guide how to do?

something to think about checking  when buying a used one?
2023-5-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is binding applicable to the DJI mavic 2 advance thermal?
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Please be advised that the DJI Mavic 2 does not support flyaway coverage and does not have a binding and unbinding option. A new user can use their DJI Account to log in to the app and use the device directly. Thank you.
2023-5-2
Use props
djiuser_R2E4mZMfdqKW
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 5-2 14:47
Hi there. Please be advised that the DJI Mavic 2 does not support flyaway coverage and does not have a binding and unbinding option. A new user can use their DJI Account to log in to the app and use the device directly. Thank you.

I JUST bought
2 mavic 2 enterprise advanced from a reputable eBay seller, and now it says activation failed, server error (no error code)
2023-7-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@djiuser_R2E4mZMfdqKW
Are these brand new drones? If so and they were reported to DJI as stolen whilst in the supply chain and before they were activated then I think DJI can prevent such drones from being activated but that that is not a consequence of "binding", rather it is DJI refusing the activation request.

2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

djiuser_R2E4mZMfdqKW Posted at 7-25 19:31
Is it possible to be remotely locked if it is lost in shipping?

I JUST bought

If the drones is reported as stolen or lost. Yes dji can lock the drones with the serial numbers for that drone. It will prevent it from activation or even fly. People have bought stolen locked drones b4. When they tried to fly it. It gives a message device activation prohibited. If its already locked and reported as lost or stolen.  Why the hell would you even buy it. I guess having a paper weight is nice. Lmao
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_R2E4mZMfdqKW
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 7-25 21:02
If the drones is reported as stolen or lost. Yes dji can lock the drones with the serial numbers for that drone. It will prevent it from activation or even fly. People have bought stolen locked drones b4. When they tried to fly it. It gives a message device activation prohibited. If its already locked and reported as lost or stolen.  Why the hell would you even buy it. I guess having a paper weight is nice. Lmao

It doesn’t say activation prohibited, nor give any error code, just says “activation failed, server error”

And I bought them thinking they worked fine as they were “brand new” from a reputable seller

It doesn’t say anything about prohibited, and I have an invoice from the seller proving I bought them fairly.

Can any admins check on the serial numbers to confirm anything about them?

4GCCJ3L R01032L

4GCCJ3Q R0A03QD

3B40076E-C298-423E-BE35-F7237AC76E84.png
2023-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules