Scammed
1376 25 2023-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony Luck
lvl.1

Canada

Has anybody bought from canadadji.com? I did last sat, not sure if I got scammed. Anyone heard of them???
2023-5-2
Use props
PolAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 642073 ft
Australia

The domain was only registered a week ago, by someone in Iceland. Doesn't look good.

Edit - they also appear to have no contact information on the website, and they are not listed by DJI as an authourised retail store (contrary to what the website says).

Almost certainly a scam.

2023-5-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks far too much like DJI to be an Authorised seller, might not make sense but that does not look legit to me
2023-5-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, Sorry to know about your shopping experience. We recommend that you purchase a DJI product from an official or authorized channel that you are generally supported by warranty services and the performance of the product is guaranteed. The website you highlighted is not affiliated, and not connected with DJI. With this, we do not have access to the product, which makes it harder to validate the integrity of the product you purchased or will be purchasing. Thank you.
2023-5-2
Use props
Tony Luck
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you all. Was my first Drone purchase, prob my last! I lost $1,200.  Site looked like a DJI Site. I feel sick
2023-5-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tony Luck Posted at 5-2 15:04
Thank you all. Was my first Drone purchase, prob my last! I lost $1,200.  Site looked like a DJI Site. I feel sick

sorry to hear.  just dispute the charge on your credit card, you should be fine.
2023-5-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How did you pay? If by credit card then contactthem and see what hte situation is, they may well offer some 'protection'.
2023-5-2
Use props
Tony Luck
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks All. Contacted credit card company. Will have to wait for 15 days incase it is shipped. They canadad sent  a email right after I bought it saying they were processing.
2023-5-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tony Luck Posted at 5-2 16:07
Thanks All. Contacted credit card company. Will have to wait for 15 days incase it is shipped. They canadad sent  a email right after I bought it saying they were processing.

It sounds like you may have some protection, a shame you have to wait so long but fingers crossed for you.
2023-5-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tony Luck Posted at 5-2 16:07

hold on a second, you ordered on saturday and it's tuesday and believe you might be scammed?  i agree with the cc you have to wait awhile before you even put in a dispute (much less a chargeback).  even if you reach out to them and they don't respond, you have to give it some time.  a real credit card, you have zero to worry about, even if it takes months.  it's no longer your problem and if you properly dispute it, you will not be help responsible even if the scammers are totally fake, shut down, and have "run away with the money."  is there a reason why you are feeling so uneasy?  bottom line:  no tracking number, no charge.  a merchant who will process a credit card will be accountable, that's how it works.  hopefully you didn't use a debit card (which might be a different story).
2023-5-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-2 19:09
hold on a second, you ordered on saturday and it's tuesday and believe you might be scammed?  i agree with the cc you have to wait awhile before you even put in a dispute (much less a chargeback).  even if you reach out to them and they don't respond, you have to give it some time.  a real credit card, you have zero to worry about, even if it takes months.  it's no longer your problem and if you properly dispute it, you will not be help responsible even if the scammers are totally fake, shut down, and have "run away with the money."  is there a reason why you are feeling so uneasy?  bottom line:  no tracking number, no charge.  a merchant who will process a credit card will be accountable, that's how it works.  hopefully you didn't use a debit card (which might be a different story).

is there a reason why you are feeling so uneasy?
The first reply here should be plenty
2023-5-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-2 19:28
is there a reason why you are feeling so uneasy?
The first reply here should be plenty

i just thought it was too early to be freaking out and being convinced you've lost your money; but i guess it's easy for me to say since it's not my money.  ive used my credit card a dozen times and got nothing in return so it's understandable if this is his first time.  i hope tony gets his drone or his money back and next time buy from "the list."
2023-5-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 5-2 20:17
i just thought it was too early to be freaking out and being convinced you've lost your money; but i guess it's easy for me to say since it's not my money.  ive used my credit card a dozen times and got nothing in return so it's understandable if this is his first time.  i hope tony gets his drone or his money back and next time buy from "the list."

i hope tony gets his drone
Scammers who set up scam sites usually don't send drones to anyone.
2023-5-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am curious, in the end was the OP scammed?
2023-5-7
Use props
Tony Luck
lvl.1

Canada

So far, I got nothing, , not even a tracking no, and the website is still up.
2023-5-7
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

Go to WHOIS.COM and then once there to the right you will see "Whois Domain Lookup".  Enter in the Domain Name. Much information there.
2023-5-7
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

PolAir Posted at 5-2 14:16
The domain was only registered a week ago, by someone in Iceland. Doesn't look good.

Edit - they also appear to have no contact information on the website, and they are not listed by DJI as an authourised retail store (contrary to what the website says).

Correct, it was registered on 2023-04-25.
2023-5-7
Use props
PolAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 642073 ft
Australia

LGLDSR Posted at 5-7 13:10
Correct, it was registered on 2023-04-25.

And it is a NameCheap domain. Mainly used by scammers.

The contact details listed are for the Withheld for Privacy company, which most scammers use. In other words, no useful contact information there.
2023-5-7
Use props
LGLDSR
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 5-2 14:53
Hi there, Sorry to know about your shopping experience. We recommend that you purchase a DJI product from an official or authorized channel that you are generally supported by warranty services and the performance of the product is guaranteed. The website you highlighted is not affiliated, and not connected with DJI. With this, we do not have access to the product, which makes it harder to validate the integrity of the product you purchased or will be purchasing. Thank you.

They state at their Site that they're an 'Authorized Retail Store' but Scammers will put down whatever it takes. You're right though, stick with either buying direct from DJI, Amazon, etc.
However, it does appear to have worked out him and that's great!
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LGLDSR Posted at 5-7 13:16
They state at their Site that they're an 'Authorized Retail Store' but Scammers will put down whatever it takes. You're right though, stick with either buying direct from DJI, Amazon, etc.
However, it does appear to have worked out him and that's great!

Hi there. You may view the official online stores, retailers, and online retailers here. Though it worked out on his, we still can't guarantee it since this was not validated on our end. Thank you for your input.
2023-5-7
Use props
Tony Luck
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 5-2 14:53

Why does DJI allow  someone to uses there logo, and say they are a Dji retailer?
2023-5-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Tony Luck Posted at 5-7 13:47
Why does DJI allow  someone to uses there logo, and say they are a Dji retailer?

You don't really believe DJI allows this, do you?
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi, Tony Luck. Note that our list of retailers is sorted here. Hope this helps you next time you purchase.
2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

We may be small in population, but it seems that we are fully cover by DJI like in the US

2023-5-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

You may want to change your username from Tony to Bad....

Don't worry too much. Your bank got you cover...
2023-5-7
Use props
Tony Luck
lvl.1

Canada

Burt37 Posted at 5-7 16:36
You may want to change your username from Tony to Bad....

Don't worry too much. Your bank got you cover...

2023-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules