1135 22 2023-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Illiustration in video below.

That long switch on time is occasional. Usually the first time I use it in  the day. But sometimes it continues for a while. In fact It did it the  first 8 times yesterday (first use after firmware update).  I got tired of it and used turn on + record afterwards. but then later I used it again and it was mostly ok, the long time happening just around ~1/10 of the time. With the older firmware it was occasionally longer too (see my relpy to a post below),  the difference here is the long time it take to start recording after  the display is on, and about 10 seconds turn on time is just unusable.   
I was using 4K60HB with the newly available Enhanced Image Quality on everytime. I did not check if that new setting has an influence.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 014&pid=2892662

2023-5-2
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I haven't tried that after update.
But like Fish demostrated in the beginning when it came out, when we press quick record it just show that it is recording but missing the first 2 seconds or so of the recording.
So I will like to think they have fixed that, so it now only show when it is actually starting to record.

When it is quicker after it have recently been used, could be that it is actually in idle mode, it used to be like that with the old Osmo Action 1.
2023-5-2
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thank you Johansenfoto:

the  QS (shutter will not work correctly , till DJI admits  the issue, we can offer  our suggestions but yet they  can come forward to tell us on the spot, they will always forward to their  invisible department,

there are  some tricks to get this to work:

turn on, format, take a video 15 seconds, shut down and  the next time it should work,  If you   hit hte shutter, it will fail to come on the next shot, Only DJI has that photo typ working  perfect camera, we all got the test dummies.
the  hibernation  only lasts 15 minutes, so do not  repeat the , instructions to get to work again. but the camera should work, if you allow a good one plus minute of recording, or playing with the Mode on and settings then record and turn off.  DJI should give us the protocol for it, they won't
2023-5-3
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

johansenfoto Posted at 5-2 23:57
I haven't tried that after update.
But like Fish demostrated in the beginning when it came out, when we press quick record it just show that it is recording but missing the first 2 seconds or so of the recording.
So I will like to think they have fixed that, so it now only show when it is actually starting to record.

Thanks for the input. Actually I learnt of the new firmware from your YT video
I never noticed any missing recording when the Rec icon was on.
idle mode: yes I thought about that. But it would have to work on a strange algorithm, since it can happen several consecutive times separated by less than  a minute.

Today I confirmed the same was happening again. Basically need 10 s to start actual recording.
I checked quickly the effect of the "Enhanced IQ" and it seems things are back to "normal" if it is turned off. But need to confirm with more experience.
2023-5-3
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Fishycomics Posted at 5-3 02:56
Thank you Johansenfoto:

the  QS (shutter will not work correctly , till DJI admits  the issue, we can offer  our suggestions but yet they  can come forward to tell us on the spot, they will always forward to their  invisible department,

Thank for your detailed analysis. It would indeed explain the erratic longer switch on time.  It just became longer with the new firmware.
2023-5-3
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

change snap shot and than go back to video or hdr
start in 1sec
2023-5-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I  am creating a video. but  ican get instant to work in many ways. since DJI refuses to offer the info and Lutzmix offered another way

I simply   hit shutter, for  the first record, then   interrupt the shut down, shut off the camera, and  next time QS works 1 second on.
2023-5-3
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Fishycomics Posted at 5-3 03:45
I  am creating a video. but  ican get instant to work in many ways. since DJI refuses to offer the info and Lutzmix offered another way

I simply   hit shutter, for  the first record, then   interrupt the shut down, shut off the camera, and  next time QS works 1 second on.

Thanks for the tip. will check that tomorrow.
2023-5-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yaman-Python Posted at 5-3 03:58
Thanks for the tip. will check that tomorrow.

I personally loaded FW 1.03 up (whatever its called). and  no issues with QS  opening within seconds. if you feel you got an issue, DJI is great at listening, that is all.  for me , seems to work, so not sure why  it failed,  can we reflash firmware, Only DJI can resend  via the App to you,,  Be nice to them if you talk and they will do a reflash

FISH
2023-5-3
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Update:
- It is the "Enhanced IQ" that is giving me these long switch on times in snapshot mode. (tested only 4K60HB). The difference with set to off is that additional time to start recording after the display shows the scene.
- Therefore just turning it off "solves" the problem. So I do not need a firmware downgrade.
- Fish, your tip does not work for this thing, at least not for my unit.
- lutzmix: not sure what you mean, but I tried just changing snapshot setting and back to "Video", but no change.
- why it does it repeatedly sometimes and not some other times remains a mystery, and again the switch on time was already not always the same when that "Enhanced IQ" was not there (just not as long). It seems somewhat random with some patterns though... Only DJI probably knows how it works~?   
2023-5-4
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Does this happen on a formatted blank card or do you already have files on it? I was thinking if this has to do anything with possible fragmentation? 4K60 + EnhancedIQ + HB is a lot of data to shuffle and maybe depending on the status of the card sometimes the prep time could be longer...? But maybe it's an irrelevant theory.
2023-5-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Enhanced IQ ??? what is that
2023-5-4
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 5-4 05:01

Enhanced Image Quality. It's a button on the screen you can turn on/off.
2023-5-4
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

osmonauta Posted at 5-4 05:00
Does this happen on a formatted blank card or do you already have files on it? I was thinking if this has to do anything with possible fragmentation? 4K60 + EnhancedIQ + HB is a lot of data to shuffle and maybe depending on the status of the card sometimes the prep time could be longer...? But maybe it's an irrelevant theory.

It is usually formatted when I start the day and it is when it happens the most often.
But the sd card may play a role. It may be a bit old. I must have used it on another devcie for 2 years or more. I should try another card to see if that makes a difference.
It is a Kingston. On it is written: 64Gb V30 XC1. The only thing I remember when I bought it is that it was ok for 4K recording.
2023-5-4
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Fishycomics Posted at 5-4 05:01

Maybe some form of Intellectual doping~
2023-5-4
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Yaman-Python Posted at 5-4 05:31
It is usually formatted when I start the day and it is when it happens the most often.
But the sd card may play a role. It may be a bit old. I must have used it on another devcie for 2 years or more. I should try another card to see if that makes a difference.
It is a Kingston. On it is written: 64Gb V30 XC1. The only thing I remember when I bought it is that it was ok for 4K recording.

You mentioned this usually happens in "Enhanced IQ" mode. If you turn that thing on, you get a warning that it consumes more power. So maybe EIQ does something in the background that contributes to the longer start...?
2023-5-4
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

osmonauta Posted at 5-4 05:38
You mentioned this usually happens in "Enhanced IQ" mode. If you turn that thing on, you get a warning that it consumes more power. So maybe EIQ does something in the background that contributes to the longer start...?

Never had this warning...
2023-5-4
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Addition:
I have just found that it probably has nothing to do with snapshot itself. When I switch on the cam with QS button, wait for display to show the scene, push immediately record, record icon shows up but stays at 0 for a few secs before starting incrementing.
2023-5-4
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Yaman-Python Posted at 5-4 06:00
Never had this warning...

I’m sure you did but it may have been a long time ago and it no longer shows. If you reset to factory setting, however, it will show again.
CD4AABB7-97CC-4399-9B66-61ECD1B2862D.jpeg
2023-5-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

osmonauta Posted at 5-4 05:25
Enhanced Image Quality. It's a button on the screen you can turn on/off.

IQ threw me off, thank you  the Image Enhancer on/off that I got just threw me for that loop thanks guys (SMILES)
2023-5-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yaman-Python Posted at 5-4 05:36
Maybe some form of Intellectual doping~

my coffee di not kick in  thanks .  Man I can get the sucker to go on fast if I am plugged to my laptop, DJI is WHACKED!
2023-5-4
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

osmonauta Posted at 5-4 06:17
I’m sure you did but it may have been a long time ago and it no longer shows. If you reset to factory setting, however, it will show again.
[view_image]

Indeed, it must have showed up long ago after the previous firmware update.
Well, there is  no warning such as "Enabling EIQ will/may increase startup time"...
Power warning is mostly about battery life.
Why startup time fluctuates in such an erratic way (with or without EIQ) is the mystery or DJI secret!
Still need to check if another SD card would change something.
2023-5-5
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

The same happens with another SD card: Sandisk Extreme Pro 64Gb XC1 V30 A1 U3
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules