WAIT A SECOND! Bound to an Account...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Primus Palus
lvl.1

United States

You mean to tell me that the drone (Air 2S) I purchased on Amazon "Like New"... is now permanently bound to some random person?! I purchased it Like New because the description said that it was an open box but otherwise undamaged. Saved like $20 on it from buying it new. But now I can't unbind it from the person who clearly opened it and registered it? The battery shows 0 cycles, and the drone had no flight data. So I don't think they even launched this.

Guys, you can't think this makes sense. When you buy a cell phone, you can still use it for a new phone number/service. If you buy an Xbox or any console you can still wipe it and use it. This makes absolutely NO SENSE. Even if your argument is that it could be stolen... I HAVE THE CONTROLLER. I have a receipt for the sale. DJI should be able to remote wipe the device or unbind it. This is ridiculous.

So do I now send it back and hope Amazon refunds me? Screw over the next person that buys it and also can't unbind it? Before the mods come in, no there's no way to reach the previous owner. This was purchased FROM Amazon. Not a third party seller, not a private sale.
2023-5-2
Use props
Primus Palus
lvl.1

United States

I'm returning this drone and the next user who buys it can come on here and complain about the same nonsense problem. Please lock this post.
2023-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No different to buying a used iPhone,  that also could be locked to the first person and theres nothing that can be done to clear that either.   Just return it and move on.
2023-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Primus Palus Posted at 5-2 20:38
I'm returning this drone and the next user who buys it can come on here and complain about the same nonsense problem. Please lock this post.

Unfortunately the only option available is to return it to Amazon for a full refund. I've bought several used drones but always in person so I can take a test flight and then observe the owner unbind the drone from his/her account.  
2023-5-3
Use props
Primus Palus
lvl.1

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 01:01
No different to buying a used iPhone,  that also could be locked to the first person and theres nothing that can be done to clear that either.   Just return it and move on.

If Find my iPhone is off, then you can factory reset an iPhone. So no, not the same. Android phones, the same way... you can factory reset them.

If I buy a car from a used dealer, I don't have to go to the original owner to have them de-register it from the state before I can. This makes no sense.
2023-5-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=288902
2023-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Return it as it can't be unbound, not even Dji would do that for you
2023-5-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Sometimes DJI will contact the previous owner and ask them to unbind. Try through support.
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We totally understand your frustration. Please note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account. Please try to contact your dealer to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it.

If your dealer can't contact the previous owner, please let us know and send us proof of purchase via PM. If you have the proof of purchase, we can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. We will wait for the owner's feedback and persuade them to unbind for you. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Primus Palus Posted at 5-3 06:03
If Find my iPhone is off, then you can factory reset an iPhone. So no, not the same. Android phones, the same way... you can factory reset them.

If I buy a car from a used dealer, I don't have to go to the original owner to have them de-register it from the state before I can. This makes no sense.

Well if you unbind the drone then you can use it too.  Point is the original owner has to do that.
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules