868 2 2023-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeColorado
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49213 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe my old Mavic Air turned into a paper weight, unless someone, but I still hope that someone has an idea how to revive it:

• A year ago, I could not get it to pair with the phone during vacation. I believe to remember that there was an error message, explaining that the Mavic Air was not in the home network
  • Later at home I still could not get it to pair with the phone again and it was aging unused in the shelf. I now tried to reactivate it but without success.
  • Connecting with the remote leads to no result when scanning the Wifi SSID QR code. Nothing happens. No wifi connection has been established
  • Connecting manually to the Wifi is not working either. The Wifi is not found. When using an old phone that had the SSID in the Wifi list, the Mavic_Air wifi is listed as "not in range" even when the connecting phone lies right next to it
  • Resetting the Wifi on the Mavic Air (6 sec button press) is doing nothing
  • I tried different Android phones - no success
  • I connected the Mavid with DJI Assistant on the PC and performed a factory reset. But the Wifi is not seen on the PC.
Is there still a chance to revive it or do I have an expensive paperweight?

Thanks

Joe

2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Joe. Thank you for reaching out. There are two ways to connect the MAVIC AIR. The first is to connect the drone directly to a phone using WIFI, in which case the remote controller cannot be used. To do this, press and hold the tail light for 6 seconds until the drone emits two beeps. The second way is to connect the remote controller to the phone using a data cable, rather than Wi-Fi. If the Wi-Fi function doesn't work please try to use the latter one. You may refer to this video as well:
2023-5-4
Use props
JoeColorado
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49213 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the response. I tried all of this several times. The problem is that the Magic WiFi is not visible or listed as out of range, even if the phone is right next to it.
My conclusion is that the drones WiFi is not started.

This is why I am reaching out
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules