884 4 2023-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skawzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 343766 ft
Serbia

Hi there,

I believe a lot of us forgot to remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone. And yes, it happened to me with Air 2s but I didn't fly, just turned it on to set some options, and after a short time, I saw the notification "Gimbal stuck" and then realized that I forgot to remove the gimbal protector. After that, I remove it, turned off the drone, and turn on again and all seems fine, the drone does the camera calibration.

Did this perhaps leave some consequences that can be shown in the future?

I read somewhere that these new drones have the ability to stop with calibration if the gimbal is stuck and prevent damage. Is that true?
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This warning is shown in the DJI Fly app if the aircraft was powered on when it was folded, or the gimbal protector was not removed. This issue can be resolved by calibrating the gimbal as you already performed. Rest assured that the unit will work as normal as the app is no longer showing the error message after the calibration. Please don't forget to remove the gimbal protector every time you fly to avoid damage to the gimbal. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day!
2023-5-3
Use props
skawzy
lvl.3
Serbia

Since new generations of drones are available and new will be in the future. DJI company should work on gimbal protection if already not especially for these expensive drones. It will be a shame for the DJI if there is no such gimbal protection. When I say gimbal protection, I mean that if someone forgets to remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone, when the gimbal feels the pressure, it should automatically stop with calibration and prevent damage. This will continue to happen to the new drone pilots so the only prevention is to have this kind of protection. These new drones have a lot of sensors, if DJI can build these sensors, they can also build sensors / solution for this kind of situation.

It will be so stupid to damage the gimbal for an expensive drone because the owner forgets to remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone.
2023-5-4
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skawzy Posted at 5-4 00:05
Since new generations of drones are available and new will be in the future. DJI company should work on gimbal protection if already not especially for these expensive drones. It will be a shame for the DJI if there is no such gimbal protection. When I say gimbal protection, I mean that if someone forgets to remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone, when the gimbal feels the pressure, it should automatically stop with calibration and prevent damage. This will continue to happen to the new drone pilots so the only prevention is to have this kind of protection. These new drones have a lot of sensors, if DJI can build these sensors, they can also build sensors / solution for this kind of situation.

It will be so stupid to damage the gimbal for an expensive drone because the owner forgets to remove the gimbal protector before turning on the drone.

It already does this, if it detects it is stuck and produces the gimbal stuck error, it stops power going to the gimbal motors until you either restart the aircraft or calibrate the gimbal.
2023-5-4
Use props
skawzy
lvl.3
Serbia

DubSound Posted at 5-4 00:33
It already does this, if it detects it is stuck and produces the gimbal stuck error, it stops power going to the gimbal motors until you either restart the aircraft or calibrate the gimbal.

Thanks for your reply DubSound. I appreciate it.

I feel better know.
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules