Bind drone and Remote
1040 12 2023-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Williamswj1
lvl.1

Canada

Hi there,
The auction house has DJI bound drone and remote for sale.
With the auction house invoice, will DJI delete the account for the bound set so I can setup the drone and remote once again.

Please let me know.

Regards,
William

2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, William. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account but it needs to be unbound first. Please try to contact your dealer to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. Please ask the previous owner to download the DJI Fly and check if he can unbind it from the app. Here's the process for unbinding:

Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-5-4
Use props
Williamswj1
lvl.1

Canada

The drone and remote is recovered by auction house and not possible to connect with previous owner to unbind.
I understand this is a good policy to protect ownership but in these are exceptional case .......
Since this is a legit purchase with invoice and payment, can the account be delete so new binding/setup can be performed.

Rgds,
William
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Williamswj1 Posted at 5-4 23:33
The drone and remote is recovered by auction house and not possible to connect with previous owner to unbind.
I understand this is a good policy to protect ownership but in these are exceptional case .......
Since this is a legit purchase with invoice and payment, can the account be delete so new binding/setup can be performed.

Hi there. If you or the auction house can't contact the previous owner, you may contact our support at (https://www.dji.com/support) and send them the proof of purchase. If you have the proof of purchase, they can try to contact the previous owner. But we can't guarantee the result. We will wait for the owner's feedback and persuade them to unbind his/her account for you. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-5-5
Use props
djiuser_8ovV1BpngaaL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158205 ft
Canada

I bought a drone from an estate sale. If the original owner is deceased is it possible to unbind?
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8ovV1BpngaaL Posted at 12-3 10:19
I bought a drone from an estate sale. If the original owner is deceased is it possible to unbind?

Hi there. To unbind the aircraft from our end, we will need to contact first the previous owner for confirmation. Please don't hesitate to contact us at support@dji.com if you need assistance unbinding the aircraft. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-4 23:26
Hi, William. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account but it needs to be unbound first. Please try to contact your dealer to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. Please ask the previous owner to download the DJI Fly and check if he can unbind it from the app. Here's the process for unbinding:
[view_image]
Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Hi Gamora, can you post the URL for the full document please? This relates to post #2.
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-17 06:18
Hi Gamora, can you post the URL for the full document please? This relates to post #2.

Hi, there. Thank you for your notice. I'm sorry that there's no document related to this information at the moment. We hope for your understanding.
2023-12-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 02:49
Hi, there. Thank you for your notice. I'm sorry that there's no document related to this information at the moment. We hope for your understanding.

Ok and thanks
2023-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're most welcome. Rest assured that we'll let our team be notified regarding your request for future optimization.
2023-12-24
Use props
djiuser_C4BTNWDZmWaq
New

Belgium

Hello
About unbounding.
I have sold my Minio 2 today and though it was possible un unbound the drone from my onligne account.
App is still on my mobile with my account, the drone is away, my mobile is connected to the internet, but I see nowhere in app the drone reference to be able to unbound it for the new owner.
How can I do this without having the drone itself as mentionned everywhere ?

Thank you
2-28 03:44
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_C4BTNWDZmWaq Posted at 2-28 03:44
Hello
About unbounding.
I have sold my Minio 2 today and though it was possible un unbound the drone from my onligne account.

profile/device management/"device"/remove device from account
2-28 07:21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_C4BTNWDZmWaq Posted at 2-28 03:44
Hello
About unbounding.
I have sold my Minio 2 today and though it was possible un unbound the drone from my onligne account.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. After the aircraft is bound with an account, it can also be removed from the account. To remove the aircraft from the account, there is no need to connect the aircraft. But only the bound account can operate this function. Please check the path below to unbind.

The path: Profile>Device Management>Account and Device>Remove device from account
2-29 02:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules