battery discharge warning
839 1 2015-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skomaxim
New

United States

I was out flying my Phantom 2 Vision Plus V2.0 today, it was a sunny afternoon with tempertures at around 30-35c, and winds not exceeding 10kph. At one point with about 50% battery remaining, i gunned it straight up (i forget if i was at the same time yawing or doing any other movement), but for a split second on my DJI Vision app i got a warning with one of the exclamation mark with something along the lines of "current battery discharge warning". As soon as i had throttled down when i saw the message it went away. Throughout the rest of my flight, i didnt notice any other peculiar behaviour from my bird. The last time i had checked for a firmware update was around 2-3 days ago. Any help on what this was would be appreciated.
2015-8-24
Use props
duncan.lamb
lvl.1

France

Hello,
I recently became the owner of a Phantom 2, so am no expert on the subject. However, in the various trawls through Internet for information regarding the Phantom, I remember reading in a forum somewhere a few days ago that this phenomenon can occur when you're temporarily drawing high currents from the battery (such as when you ascend rapidly as per your description), which 'fools' the battery surveillance system into thinking that you've reached a low battery state, which subsequently disappears when you return to a more moderate battery usage :-)
2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules