1508 8 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cniedzi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28327 ft
Poland

Hi Guys,

Do you have an experience with the  Emergency Propeller Stop feature? Is it possible to accidentally activate it during a normal flight when the option "Emergency only" is chosen? Do drone know when an emergency situation happens?
2023-5-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With the drone in mid air and the option set to "Emergency only" you would, I think, be VERY, VERY unlucky for the CSC to stop the motors. The drone has to 'think' it has suffered an emergency before it will stop the motors with the option set to Emergency only".HOWEVER if you set it to anytime the motors WILL STOP after the CSC has been held for probably around 1.7sec.
Tested with a Mavic Mini which with the option set to Emergency Only and it descended from 100ft + in a helix until I released the sticks at around 6ft, the drone then hovered.
I DO NOT like either option but the delay with ANYtime is simply too risky to be the normal setting.

Depending on how delicate you think the Mine 3 is, you might be able to test these by SECURELY hand holding the drone, start the motors with the CSC then throttle up and simultaneously wobble the drone. Once you feel the drone 'fight you' release the throttle but continue to wobble the drone and apply the CSC.
In the emergency only test I wouldn't let the drone fight you for very long probably under 10sec. Stop wobbling your hand and keep your hand still then close the throttle and hold it closed, or reapply the CSC, until the motors stop, then let the drone cool off.
I do not have a Mini 3 but I have done this with the Mavic Mini and M2Z.

Do the same thing for the Anytime test but the motors will, at a guess, stop after the CSC has been held for around 1.7sec

2023-5-6
Use props
cniedzi
lvl.1
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-6 07:38
With the drone in mid air and the option set to "Emergency only" you would, I think, be VERY, VERY unlucky for the CSC to stop the motors. The drone has to 'think' it has suffered an emergency before it will stop the motors with the option set to Emergency only".HOWEVER if you set it to anytime the motors WILL STOP after the CSC has been held for probably around 1.7sec.
Tested with a Mavic Mini which with the option set to Emergency Only and it descended from 100ft + in a helix until I released the sticks at around 6ft, the drone then hovered.
I DO NOT like either option but the delay with ANYtime is simply too risky to be the normal setting.

It would be nice to have the 3rd option to switch off the Emergency Propeller Stop.
2023-5-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cniedzi Posted at 5-6 07:57
It would be nice to have the 3rd option to switch off the Emergency Propeller Stop.

Such as what?
2023-5-6
Use props
cniedzi
lvl.1
Poland

1. Emergency only
2. Anytime
3. Disabled
2023-5-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Assuming the Mini 3 is set up the same way as the Mavic Mini, Mini 2 and m2p/z, the "Emergency only" setting more or less equals it being disabled.
If you needed to drop it out of the air you'd have to remember to switch the setting to Anytime, where the setting was and make the switch. In a panic by the time you got all that done I suspect it would be too late to avoid what you were trying to avoid.
2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, cniedzi. “Emergency Only” indicates that the motors can only be stopped mid-flight in case of an emergency, such as a collision, a motor stalling, the aircraft rolling in the air, or the aircraft being out of control and ascending or descending quickly. Theoretically, it is not possible to accidentally activate it during a normal flight. Did you experience any anomalies?
2023-5-7
Use props
cniedzi
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-7 18:48
Hi, cniedzi. “Emergency Only” indicates that the motors can only be stopped mid-flight in case of an emergency, such as a collision, a motor stalling, the aircraft rolling in the air, or the aircraft being out of control and ascending or descending quickly. Theoretically, it is not possible to accidentally activate it during a normal flight. Did you experience any anomalies?

No, I didn't experience any anomalies, just asking.
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

cniedzi Posted at 5-7 23:26
No, I didn't experience any anomalies, just asking.

Hi, cniedzi. Good to know that you're not experiencing any anomalies. Hope we have answered your question. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again. Have a good day!
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules