No network connection on dji mini pro 3
9786 26 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken Woodley
lvl.1
Canada

I have had this drone for about 6 months.  I have flown it once and waited for the warmer weather. That, having finally arrived, I started up the drone and RC controller and thought I would update the firmware and the FlySafe Data.  My problem is that whennever I try to update, I get a "Network Connection Required" message.  I swipe down on the screen, and see that the WiFi icon is lit up with a ? mark showing on top of the Wi-Fi icon.  How can I reconnect my controller with the Mini Pro 3?  Thanks.

2023-5-6
Use props
fansf6fd2e12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265043 ft
United Kingdom

Its your wifi you need to connect.  Re enter your wifi pw for your router.
2023-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Slide down on the screen and touch the systems settings icon in the upper right corner (#2) and it will allow you to access your network settings.  See below:
RC.jpg
2023-5-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Ken Woodley. Thanks for reaching out. Kindly refer to the suggestions posted below. In addition to that, when you access Settings, go to "Network and Internet," then select your home WiFi network/mobile hotspot, enter the password, and connect. Once connected, go back to the DJI Fly app and try to update again. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-8
Use props
me109g4
lvl.1
United States

Why do i need wifi and internet to fly a drone???  had this thing a week or so and really getting fed up with all the tech i have to go through to fly the damn thing and it still wont go more than 75' from the house..
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

me109g4 Posted at 12-18 16:42
Why do i need wifi and internet to fly a drone???  had this thing a week or so and really getting fed up with all the tech i have to go through to fly the damn thing and it still wont go more than 75' from the house..

Hi, me109g4. Wifi is not required when flying but you need mobile data or wifi for updating your firmware and logging in to your DJI account. Once all needed updates are complete and you are logged into your DJI account on your DJI Fly application, you can fly the drone without using your cellular or Wi-Fi services. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.
2023-12-18
Use props
fans325fc5cb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 20:54
Hi, me109g4. Wifi is not required when flying but you need mobile data or wifi for updating your firmware and logging in to your DJI account. Once all needed updates are complete and you are logged into your DJI account on your DJI Fly application, you can fly the drone without using your cellular or Wi-Fi services. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a great day ahead.

Thank you, this is along learning process, this drone is far more sophisticated than my old drone, to the point of frustration.      Having to research every question i have on its operation  is annoying, i want to fly it, not sit on a computer to research why it refuses to do something.
2023-12-31
Use props
fans325fc5cb
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-18 16:52
You bought a drone.  It is a highly technological device so a bit of technical interaction is to be expected.  An active internet connection is not required to fly the drone, but you do need to connect to the internet occasionally for things like initial activation, updating firmware, or if you wish to upload your flight logs.  Trust me your Mini 3 Pro will go a Hell of a lot further than 75'...

https://youtu.be/eA0sEaxyujQ?si=KnYXbtw5QHwR8VTT

At this point the drone would beg  to differ with you,,, as a novice  with the DJI drones i have read about limitations on its flight with the prop guards on it,  also it refuses to take off if no GPS signal is present,  spending hrs. online trying to figure this thing out is not what i had planned when i bought this thing..
2023-12-31
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

fans325fc5cb Posted at 12-31 12:36
At this point the drone would beg  to differ with you,,, as a novice  with the DJI drones i have read about limitations on its flight with the prop guards on it,  also it refuses to take off if no GPS signal is present,  spending hrs. online trying to figure this thing out is not what i had planned when i bought this thing..

Welcome to the Club...

Most members here spend around 80% of their time online and 20% flying...

DJI drones fly themselves and there is really no need for human intervention, other than when they need to be updated, trying to find your video/pictures and to log in to let DJI know where you are and what you are doing...

Only kidding...

It is a steep learning curve, but most new technologies today are like this....
2023-12-31
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Burt37 Posted at 12-31 15:31
Welcome to the Club...

Most members here spend around 80% of their time online and 20% flying...

So true. Imagine handing a new cell phone to someone who has never used or activated one and expected them to "figure it out." They'd be yelling and screaming in no time. Drones are pretty close to the same level of technical expertise required.
Not sure the hobby is great for every person.
2023-12-31
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Hoarfrost Posted at 12-31 16:57
So true. Imagine handing a new cell phone to someone who has never used or activated one and expected them to "figure it out." They'd be yelling and screaming in no time. Drones are pretty close to the same level of technical expertise required.
Not sure the hobby is great for every person.

I think fans325fc5cb said it in one line...

"I want to fly, not sit on a computer to research why it refuses to do something."

In all honesty, we have gone a bit too far in this department, but that's the price you have to pay for a product that fly by itself...

I still remember that day when I got one of my large Heli, hovering in the same spot by itself, thanks to the then new Naza H. People just couldn't believe it how steady it was and all by itself... Little they knew that it took about a month of reading and testing to get the settings perfectly right...
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans325fc5cb Posted at 2023-12-31 12:28
Thank you, this is along learning process, this drone is far more sophisticated than my old drone, to the point of frustration.      Having to research every question i have on its operation  is annoying, i want to fly it, not sit on a computer to research why it refuses to do something.

I understand the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to the related team for awareness. To learn more about your Mini 3 Pro, here is the link for the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.6_EN.pdf. You can also refer to DJI Help Center: https://support.dji.com/help/sea ... p;defaultOpened=,34. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day.
1-1 02:23
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:07
Use props
fans325fc5cb
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-3 07:45
I would be chuckling that someone is too lazy & helpless to RTFM.  I read the manual on every cell phone I ever owned.  I read the manual or nearly everything I buy.  A new car for instance, because I learn all sorts of things about available features & settings I might otherwise miss.  I bought the G1 (first Android phone) on release date.  I RTFM to learn what all those little icons & setting were for.  Garbage in garbage out.  You have to put in some effort.  If you are too lazy to learn that's on you.  If a smart phone is too daunting consider Jitterbug.

Well i am far from the lazy slug as you infer,, i have spent many hrs. trying to figure out all this things nuances,,i have spent a lot of time learning from all the excellent  videos out there,, and it still wont go more than 80' from the house even with me standing right next to it. So for now its back in the box it came in.
1-14 16:35
Use props
djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD
New
United States

I am unable to connect to network. I am not able to log out because I’m not in a network, the firmware won’t update. My whole controller isn’t working. I like the dj 2 so much more my phone always worked, for updates. How do I reset or my controller or sign in.
1-25 05:43
Use props
djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD
New
United States

Is there a number I can call?! To get this fixed took this on trip and it won’t work
1-25 05:44
Use props
djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD
New
United States

Also I can’t even get to find networks! And all my other electronics find networks must fine, I’m so confused. I hit retry like 200 times nothing just that screen
1-25 05:47
Use props
djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD
New
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-3 07:45
I would be chuckling that someone is too lazy & helpless to RTFM.  I read the manual on every cell phone I ever owned.  I read the manual or nearly everything I buy.  A new car for instance, because I learn all sorts of things about available features & settings I might otherwise miss.  I bought the G1 (first Android phone) on release date.  I RTFM to learn what all those little icons & setting were for.  Garbage in garbage out.  You have to put in some effort.  If you are too lazy to learn that's on you.  If a smart phone is too daunting consider Jitterbug.

Network issues are internal
1-25 06:06
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Log in to the network from your phone, set up an access point on your phone, and connect the remote control to the network.
Do you have an RC remote control?
1-25 12:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD Posted at 1-25 05:43
I am unable to connect to network. I am not able to log out because I’m not in a network, the firmware won’t update. My whole controller isn’t working. I like the dj 2 so much more my phone always worked, for updates. How do I reset or my controller or sign in.

Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it caused you. May I confirm if you're still experiencing this problem? Please keep us posted for further checking. Thank you.
1-27 03:10
Use props
djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD
New
United States

I have flown my drone drones many many times! I got mini 3 flew it 2 times waiting for better weather, now it won’t connect to network or let me update! I tried calling for help as well, I’m not really sure what to do. I need help
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2-21 15:45
Use props
djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-27 03:10
Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it caused you. May I confirm if you're still experiencing this problem? Please keep us posted for further checking. Thank you.

Still cant get it to work
2-21 15:47
Use props
djiuser_S1NVpoVadppD
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-27 03:10

Can’t get it to work!
2-21 15:55
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for your notice. Please make sure to connect your DJI RC to the available network in your area. Please refer to the screenshots below for further instructions on how to connect the DJI RC to your home network. I hope this information helps.

2-24 21:09
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

me109g4 Posted at 2023-12-18 16:42

You don't (albeit I'm sure that the user manual says you do). I turn my mobile data on when I need to (primarily to save data for when I really need it - most internet access is from the unlimited data at home). The first time I flew (out of range of my wifi) I did turn mobile data on. The second time I forgot, so clearly it is not actually needed. I do wonder whether it is used to check the area for prohibited zones, but I had already checked that in a different app and knew that I was not going to be anywhere that I couldn't legally fly.
2-27 04:35
Use props
DJIDronePete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14360 ft
United Kingdom

DJIDronePete Posted at 2-27 04:35
You don't (albeit I'm sure that the user manual says you do). I turn my mobile data on when I need to (primarily to save data for when I really need it - most internet access is from the unlimited data at home). The first time I flew (out of range of my wifi) I did turn mobile data on. The second time I forgot, so clearly it is not actually needed. I do wonder whether it is used to check the area for prohibited zones, but I had already checked that in a different app and knew that I was not going to be anywhere that I couldn't legally fly.

To add to that, your photo shows that an update is required - I guess in that situation you do need internet access, but that's to enable the update not specifically to fly.
2-27 04:37
Use props
djiuser_SOUvjXudEd2O
New
Flight distance : 182037 ft
United States

me109g4 Posted at 2023-12-18 16:42

Same sentiment here. Having no luck unlocking Geo Zones after about 30 successful flights. Will be selling
2-28 18:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules