Issues with new RS 3 Pro
3115 9 2023-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blips
lvl.1
Canada

I just bought an RS 3 Pro today, and have had nothing but issues so far...

No matter what I do, I cannot update the firmware. I keep getting the 1003 error code.
The battery is draining rather quickly, and the roll motor is getting rather hot (with nothing mounted).
The firmware version listed on the gimbal, is "00.02.02.00" which doesn't match any of the versions I've seen online.
The app reports that the firmware version is "N/A".
When I turn off the gimbal, the arms do not lock flushly.

I'd appreciate any help.

2023-5-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please follow the troubleshooting steps below?
1. Ensure that the Ronin app has been upgraded to the latest version.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ch/downloads/djiapp/dji-ronin
2. If possible, use another mobile device to refresh the firmware (degrade and then upgrade the firmware).
Android - iOS
2023-5-7
Use props
Blips
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-7 05:50
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please follow the troubleshooting steps below?
1. Ensure that the Ronin app has been upgraded to the latest version.
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ch/downloads/djiapp/dji-ronin

I've got the latest version of the app on my iPhone. I do not have an android phone.
2023-5-7
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2326158 ft
United States

Is the gimbal connecting to your phone? If so you can click the three lines in top left corner, go to firmware, hold down the version number or N/A for 5-6 seconds. You should be able to download older firmware. You may be on beta version of firmware. The RS3 Pro doesn’t lock flush because with a heavy load could hit the bottom arm.
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Blips Posted at 5-7 08:59
I've got the latest version of the app on my iPhone. I do not have an android phone.

Sorry for the late response. Will you be able to borrow a phone to do that?
2023-5-13
Use props
Blips
lvl.1
Canada

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 5-13 01:18
Is the gimbal connecting to your phone? If so you can click the three lines in top left corner, go to firmware, hold down the version number or N/A for 5-6 seconds. You should be able to download older firmware. You may be on beta version of firmware. The RS3 Pro doesn’t lock flush because with a heavy load could hit the bottom arm.

Yes it was connected. No, using the downgrade option also failed.

I simply returned the the RS3 Pro to the store.

No proper android support. Locking hardware behind internet activation. Limiting firmware updates through a phone. Poor customer support.
2023-5-13
Use props
Bilal Ismat
New

United Arab Emirates

I cannot update my firmware either. Motors of my gimbal isnt working at all.
2023-9-18
Use props
Bilal Ismat
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi Team,
I cannot use my RS3 pro, It turns on and LCD shows the icons but the motors don't turn on. I am trying to update the firmware by connecting my iPhone which is failing and giving error 1003.
2023-9-18
Use props
Thanh Duong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1697126 ft
Vietnam

Hello. I just updated the firmware for Ronin RS3 pro. After the upgrade is complete, the screen on Ronin will appear blue like the picture. Hope the helping. Thank
IMG_4863.jpeg
IMG_4868.jpeg
IMG_4864.jpeg
IMG_4867.png
IMG_4870.png
2023-11-4
Use props
rdcsg
New
Sweden

I have a focus motor problem not moving with either dial or focus wheel with the same firmware version. How do you downgrade? In all previous support responses I have seen admins refer to a "list on the upper left corner in the app" but as we see from your screenshots of the Ronin app there is no such list.
2-2 09:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules