Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AERISRUN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909685 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

Hello all,

I live at La Réunion (Indian ocean) and work as a cameran and drone pilot.

I recently bought the M3 cine and did some tests in order to prepare an upcoming shooting.

I'am ask to shoot the very famous shot when flying fast and low above the ocean until the coast gets into the frame.

I've set the camera as follow : 5k, ProRes, .mov, 25ips, 1/50 with ND 128 & 64.

When i tilt up the camera, i can see the image getting blurry and jerky. As soon as the camera stops titlting, i get the quality back.

Below is an overview (don't judge the smoothness of the traveling or the camera) those flights were only technical tests.

I've tried different settings (resolution, fps) but did not solve the problem. I did not try in different codec.

The solution i found is to reduce to the max the camera tilt, so flying above the ocean with 45° angle and letting the coast get in the frame without tilting.

Any advice here or equivalent experience ?

Thanks to you guys.

Here is the link to download the original  RUSH

2023-5-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AERISRUN. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please share with us the raw video for further checking? Thank you.
2023-5-8
Use props
Stank Hank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3525850 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you flying in Sport mode?
2023-5-9
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

Hi,

I've added a download link to the original post.

Thanks !

Adrien
2023-5-9
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

Stank Hank Posted at 5-9 01:45

I did tests on Sport mode and Normal mode. Same results.
2023-5-9
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

Stank Hank Posted at 5-9 01:45

I did tests on Sport mode and Normal mode. Same results.
2023-5-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

To my eyes the movement is too fast for the chosen shutterspeed.
This is called judder or jitter and is very common. Especially with smooth continuous movements like with a gimbal.
Try filming in 1/50fps, which will reduce the chance of this happening.
2023-5-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you implying that you're seeing this issue on YouTube? That's bitrate compression if so.

If your footage actually looks like that straight off the camera, there's an issue with the recording bitrate of the camera. It's a busy scene, which would cause that effect on older cameras with a low recording bitrate, but certainly not for ProRes.  

Post the raw video so we can see that.
2023-5-16
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

Montfrooij Posted at 5-16 06:10
To my eyes the movement is too fast for the chosen shutterspeed.
This is called judder or jitter and is very common. Especially with smooth continuous movements like with a gimbal.
Try filming in 1/50fps, which will reduce the chance of this happening.

Hi,

I did shoot several configurations including 50fps at 1/100 shutter with same results . I should try fastest aperture maybe ?

But i understand the scene is busy and the camera movment too fast.
2023-5-16
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
  • >>>
Réunion

CloudVisual Posted at 5-16 09:51
Are you implying that you're seeing this issue on YouTube? That's bitrate compression if so.

If your footage actually looks like that straight off the camera, there's an issue with the recording bitrate of the camera. It's a busy scene, which would cause that effect on older cameras with a low recording bitrate, but certainly not for ProRes.  

Hi,
What you see on youtube is what goes out from the camera. I was excpecting the prores to handle it smoothly even with a busy scene.

There is a link with the original file in the first message of the topic.

Thanks.
2023-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AERISRUN Posted at 5-16 19:10
Hi,

I did shoot several configurations including 50fps at 1/100 shutter with same results . I should try fastest aperture maybe ?

Shutterspeed (motion blur), framerate and speed of movement are the parameters that are important here.
In general : fast framerate (50fps) and 1/100s shutterspeed should work well.

But I do remember one more thing : which framerate did you render your video in?
2023-5-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AERISRUN Posted at 5-16 19:14
Hi,
What you see on youtube is what goes out from the camera. I was excpecting the prores to handle it smoothly even with a busy scene.

I can't download the video because the link is expired.

Forget what anyone in this thread is saying about shutter speed, 180 rule, sport mode etc. You have a bitrate issue with the footage. I would get this raised with DJI. ProRes will not fall to bits like this in a busy scene.

My only other question is, does this only happen in 5K or is the footage at 4K better? I never shot in 5K ProRes and I have a suspicion that the resolution+codec might be a bad combo, a bit like shooting 10bit in h264.
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules