DJI Mini 2 Camera Glass Replacement
1809 2 2023-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbbstrains
New
United States

So I have an interesting question. I'm trying to replace my camera glass. I've got the replacement piece but I'm not sure the best way to actually get the exsisting one off. What should I use to get the old glass off? (It's still in one piece it's just extremely hazy and scratched.) I've seen plenty of videos online on how to install the new glass but none of them have actually taken it off they all seem to be ones that fell off.
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, tbbstrains. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we don't have that kind of instruction as we don't recommend our customers replacing it by themselves. We highly suggest just sending them to our facility for proper replacement. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-5-9
Use props
kojabov
New

Turkey

Replacing camera glass can be a delicate process, but with the right tools and technique, you can get the job done. To remove the old glass, you should consider using a few items that will help you safely detach it without causing any damage.

First, it's important to exercise caution and work slowly to avoid any mishaps. Start by using a heat gun or a hairdryer on low heat to warm up the adhesive around the camera glass. This will soften the glue and make it easier to remove.

Once the adhesive is warmed up, you can gently insert a thin, plastic pry tool or a suction cup near the edges of the glass. Slowly and carefully apply pressure to lift the glass away from the device. It's essential to avoid using excessive force to prevent any potential damage.

If the adhesive is particularly stubborn, you can use a plastic card, such as a credit card or a guitar pick, to slide between the glass and the device's body. This will help to loosen the adhesive further and aid in the removal process.

Remember to be patient and take your time. If you encounter any resistance, stop and reassess your approach. It's better to proceed cautiously than risk damaging your device.
2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules