Firmware update for RSC2
1310 10 2023-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wandernexplore
lvl.1
India

Hello DJI,

We badly need firmware update for Ronin SC2 to support newer Canon R series cameras such as R6 Mark ii, R50, R7, R10 and so on......

Its a big inconvenience not being able to use camera control cable to control camera using gimbal buttons....

Please bring a firmware update to support newer mirrorless cameras from all the manufacturers especially, Canon.....

Its a HUMBLE request !!!
2023-5-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-5-10
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Flight distance : 424865 ft
Australia

Unless theirs some bucks in it, and judging by DJI's response to all requests (see: lip service), I wouldn't be holding your breath.
2023-5-16
Use props
wandernexplore
lvl.1
India

fans50b43703 Posted at 5-16 01:59
Unless theirs some bucks in it, and judging by DJI's response to all requests (see: lip service), I wouldn't be holding your breath.

I have just tried my best.....
2023-5-16
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Australia

wandernexplore Posted at 5-16 05:02
I have just tried my best.....

And your request is completely reasonable.

However...
2023-5-16
Use props
sagardaniphotos
lvl.1
India

fans50b43703 Posted at 5-16 05:17
And your request is completely reasonable.

However...

I know.

But...
2023-5-18
Use props
night_crawlerxx
New

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-10 18:37
Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!

I'm just touching base on this to see if the support is there or not?

As I own a newer canon as well, the possible lack of support is a big issue in my opinion.

I'm not going up grade to the s3 just to get support.. my gimbal is more than sufficient to handle it, as it can handle other mirrorless cameras just fine.

Please advise us if this firmware has been updated.
Thanks!
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

night_crawlerxx Posted at 6-14 05:16
I'm just touching base on this to see if the support is there or not?

As I own a newer canon as well, the possible lack of support is a big issue in my opinion.

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to record this concern of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your kind and understanding.
2023-6-16
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-16 04:35
Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to record this concern of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. We appreciate your kind and understanding.

Glad you appreciate OUR "kind".

Any chance that one of YOUR kind will ever respond to ANY of these utterly reasonable requests with anything but a BOT brushoff?
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans50b43703 Posted at 6-19 01:02
Glad you appreciate OUR "kind".

Any chance that one of YOUR kind will ever respond to ANY of these utterly reasonable requests with anything but a BOT brushoff?

We apologize if we can only do so much. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-6-19
Use props
UnborN
lvl.4
Cyprus

Hello Wandernexplore, I had the same question also a few months ago regarding compatibility with my RSC2, when I was planning to pre-order my Canon R7 but i didnt get a reply from DJI. BUT i went ahead and ordered it and even though the Canon R7 is not on the compatibility list i can confirm that everything works fine using a USB Type-C cable to control this camera (dont know about the other models you mentioned but R7 works fine). You can start/stop recording and I have it set up to change Exposure with the front Control ring. Hope that helps.

2023-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules