1227 7 2023-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

Greetings,

I use a Pocket 2 with a Rode Videomic GO ii connected to the DO-IT-ALL-HANDLE.
But neither the microphone nor the cable is the problem because I used the SC14 with the Rode Videomic Go ii and the SC2 I bought separately.
I tried the mic with every other device and, no buzzing sound at all. + The microphone has adequate shielding.

So now: Even plugging in a cable that's not connected to anything yet into the P2 produces a clicking/buzzing noise. Plugging the cable (microphone) into the wireless transmitter gives me no issues at all, but I will not be walking around with the transmitter and an ext. mic.

Rode Support told me:

If there is noise with this specific camera and not your computer, that fair to assume that there is probably low shielding on the camera more than the cable or the microphone itself.“

Everything shows me that Pocket 2 is the troublemaker.

But now I have found a video where someone tested different microphones with the P2, when he was using the Rode Videomicro there was the same noise I have:
(Turn up your volume to hear the noise)

My questions would be:

Has anybody else experienced this yet when using a plug-in power mic?
If so, does anybody have a fix for this?

If you need samples I'd be happy to provide some.
Appreciations in advance!
2023-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, StefanDjiMini2. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Apart from the video shared, kindly post a short video showing the set up and the "buzzing/clicking sound" from your own devices so we may further check it for you. We'll be waiting for your update.
2023-5-13
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 17:13
Hi, StefanDjiMini2. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Apart from the video shared, kindly post a short video showing the set up and the "buzzing/clicking sound" from your own devices so we may further check it for you. We'll be waiting for your update.

Of course, I can do that!

Audio: https://we.tl/t-1hYZVAPlzT
And setup: https://we.tl/t-jrQFaublXI

Rode Videomic Go ii connected to the Do-It-All handle which is connected to the P2. And an extension piece holding the microphone in place,
2023-5-14
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

It might be worth mentioning that the noise goes away when you use the phone connector piece and connect a phone to it.
2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 5-14 10:32
Of course, I can do that!

Audio: https://we.tl/t-1hYZVAPlzT

Thanks for the update. We'll have these forwarded to our engineers for feedback. Thanks for your cooperation.
2023-5-15
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

I guess nothing will happen anymore...
Same pattern with almost all DJI products, after 1 Year no more software updates but then there's a successor which has the same hardware a little different case but then gets a new software with new features. Just like Sony.
2023-5-30
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 5-15 04:12
Thanks for the update. We'll have these forwarded to our engineers for feedback. Thanks for your cooperation.

So what happened? Or did you even reach out to them? If so, what did they say?Because products not getting updates anymore is obnoxious!
2023-6-13
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 5-15 04:12

What about now? It's been sometime the issue is still present and there was no software update!
2023-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules