Osmo Mobile 2 roll motor drifts in Follow mode...Is this normal?!?
1554 11 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
808AV8R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1022205 ft
United States

I have had the Osmo Mobile 2 since it came out in 2018 (?), but havent used it since 2020. I want to start using it again. I had to delete DJI Go and re-pair with my iPhone 11ProMax to get the app to work. The problem is that in Follow Mode, even with the gimbal balanced, the roll axis twists the shot when you rotate the pan, both when using movement and with the joystick. In Free Mode, it holds the horizon steady when you are moving around, but again, if you use the joystick to pan, it rotates the shot progressively, and only comes back to horizon level very slowly. It's almost as if it acts like FPV mode on a Ronin RS2/3.I've used the Osmo Mobile 2 with this iPhone 11 Pro Max in the past, so I don't think the phone is the issue. Could it be that the motor is somehow damaged, or am I just forgetting something here? I've tried Auto Calibrating the gimbal and even manual adjustment, but neither seem to work. I know most people have moved on to later models, but has anyone else experienced this problem?

2023-5-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check? You may upload the video via Google Drive or Youtube and send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-14
Use props
808AV8R
lvl.1
United States

OsmoMobile2RollDrift

Here's the link. Like I said, it just can't handle joystick pan. It twists clockwise when panning to the right and counterclockwise when panning to the left. It might not be obvious in the video but it does this when using handle twist in follow mode also. I didnt show Flashlight mode, but it's slightly off after a little use in that mode, and even more so if you switch into flashlight mode with the roll axis already twisted/horizon not level.
2023-5-15
Use props
808AV8R
lvl.1
United States

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PDYnZJOYXjfnbLIhbU5D_VW3KyFsCqFG/view?usp=share_link
2023-5-15
Use props
fablot
lvl.1

Italy

808AV8R Posted at 5-15 00:36
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PDYnZJOYXjfnbLIhbU5D_VW3KyFsCqFG/view?usp=share_link

I've got the exact same issue as in this video. Did you fix it? Thanks!
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fablot Posted at 11-3 00:01
I've got the exact same issue as in this video. Did you fix it? Thanks!

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried calibrating your gimbal?
2023-11-8
Use props
fablot
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 11-8 01:44
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried calibrating your gimbal?

Hello.
Yes, I tried several times, paying attention to the pre-balancing of the smartphone, charged the battery completely, changed the smartphone model but nothing solved it.
The gimbal remained in the drawer for about a year and when I put it away it worked fine. I don't understand what could have happened.
If it were possible to perform a reset (complete with the gimbal, not the one from the app which apparently only resets the app settings) or a reinstallation of the firmware, perhaps it could help? But I haven't found any information about the possibility of doing these.
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fablot Posted at 11-15 02:25
Hello.
Yes, I tried several times, paying attention to the pre-balancing of the smartphone, charged the battery completely, changed the smartphone model but nothing solved it.
The gimbal remained in the drawer for about a year and when I put it away it worked fine. I don't understand what could have happened.

Hi, fablot. Will it be fine if you show us a video of the issue? I'll get our related team to check on it and check for ways to fix it. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-15
Use props
fablot
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 11-15 02:58
Hi, fablot. Will it be fine if you show us a video of the issue? I'll get our related team to check on it and check for ways to fix it. We appreciate your patience.

Exactly like in the video shared here by 808AV8R (author of this post).
During panning it does not keep the device horizontal, with this anomalous roll drift. it is unusable in yaw movements.
(if you want, in the next few days when I get home, I'll make a video of mine too but it's really identical to this one)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PDYnZJOYXjfnbLIhbU5D_VW3KyFsCqFG/view
2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fablot Posted at 11-16 09:55
Exactly like in the video shared here by 808AV8R (author of this post).
During panning it does not keep the device horizontal, with this anomalous roll drift. it is unusable in yaw movements.
(if you want, in the next few days when I get home, I'll make a video of mine too but it's really identical to this one)

Hello there, Please make sure the phone is compatible with the Osmo mobile 2.

If replacing the phones, balancing manually, and calibrating the gimbal still cannot solve this issue, if possible please visit a DJI store near you to test your phone. If the issue does not show on the other gimbals or you are not able to test it, we suggest sending the gimbal for repair. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/it/repair/index. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-17
Use props
fablot
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 11-17 03:52
Hello there, Please make sure the phone is compatible with the Osmo mobile 2.
[view_image]
If replacing the phones, balancing manually, and calibrating the gimbal still cannot solve this issue, if possible please visit a DJI store near you to test your phone. If the issue does not show on the other gimbals or you are not able to test it, we suggest sending the gimbal for repair. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/it/repair/index. We appreciate your patience.

Hello Tony, thanks for the reply.
The smartphone is compatible! In any case, I tried with several smartphones and before putting the gimbal back in the drawer, I had used it without any problem. I won't send it for repair, because it would certainly cost more than the value of the gimbal itself, which is no longer worth anything today.
When it was its time, I paid much more for it than a cheap product from unknown brands, thinking that the brand was synonymous with quality and durability over time, but instead I used it very little, placed it in the drawer (without humidity and well preserved ) because it was not necessary and when it was necessary, I found it no longer working.
Next time I will definitely buy a cheaper brand, at least if it mysteriously stops working it won't disappoint my expectations.
Cheers
Fabio
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fablot Posted at 11-20 01:57
Hello Tony, thanks for the reply.
The smartphone is compatible! In any case, I tried with several smartphones and before putting the gimbal back in the drawer, I had used it without any problem. I won't send it for repair, because it would certainly cost more than the value of the gimbal itself, which is no longer worth anything today.
When it was its time, I paid much more for it than a cheap product from unknown brands, thinking that the brand was synonymous with quality and durability over time, but instead I used it very little, placed it in the drawer (without humidity and well preserved ) because it was not necessary and when it was necessary, I found it no longer working.

Sorry about the trouble. But if you need further help, you can always reach out to us. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules