Timelapse question?
1187 8 2023-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RemixDaMix
lvl.1
United States

My church is having some renovations done in the next couple of months and they know I own a drone so they asked me if I'd periodically take pictures of the progress to make a time lapse video. They're wanting me to take pictures of the church from the same spot each time. I don't know how to do that on my Mavic 3. Actually I don't even know what that function would be called. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? Does the Mavic 3 even have that functionality?

2023-5-14
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hyperlapse mode using waypoint mission would work.
2023-5-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is really cool they reached out to you.  Looking forward to seeing the results!
2023-5-15
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well if you want pictures over a period of time then regular waypoint setup mission to take a picture at a certain spot would be better. Though keep in mind it wont be EXACTLY same spot every time, it might be off few feet up there each time, but close as you'll get short of an Enterprise Mavic 3 with RTK that will get you within centimeters each time.
2023-5-15
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

There’s also the concept of using a short 2 waypoint mission in video mode to lead you up to the spot where you can begin a hyperlapse.  Just a couple waypoints in video mode, run it then switch to hyperlapse and begin hyperlapsing.  You can use a reference image on your phone from your last flight and tweak the position before hyperlapsing.
2023-5-15
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

Setup a waypoint mission that will record say a one minute video while traveling somewhere between 100-200 feet. Film that same one minute video as many times as you can. Then when the construction is done if you have say 30 one minute clips you can transition clips in order every 2 seconds. You'll end up with a one minute long smooth/seamless looking progression effect. You can then speed ramp it to a 10 or so second clip and have a nice shot. Do this same workflow from multiple angles. I hope that wasn't too confusing.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, RemixDaMix. Thank you for reaching out. You may use the waypoint flight function as advised by other users. For your reference, you may watch this video: (https://app.frame.io/reviews/172 ... e-bee7-f4d59c9a2fb7). Hope this helps.
2023-5-15
Use props
fans4f936ce6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290797 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think we do what you are trying to achieve here to the UK to monitor construction progress. Depending on the project duration we aim for around 1 minute overall duration to capture the full project. Clips 2 or 3 seconds work well. Fly 10% further back than you need to allow scope for zooming in post to help getting the transitions right. www.uav-works.co.uk
2023-12-31
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a good tutuorial on construction timelapse videos from a pro. [/url]
2023-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now