RC Controller
1622 12 2023-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alaskan_Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1389774 ft
United States

A sad day today as my RC Controller had to be sent in for repair. Accidentally dropped in & the left control stick broke off. Hopefully it’s a fast turnaround as withdrawal symptoms have already sent in.
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel for you.  I accidentally dropped mine and the screen cracked badly.  I sent it in and had a replacement sent out quickly.  Unfortunately UPS took forever to get it to me.  Wasn't DJI's fault.  Hope you get yours fixed and  returned soon.  
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

So if it's user error and the user breaks it. Will dji warranty cover it? Or does user pay out of pocket? Cause seem like this is due to user not dji.
As for the stick breaking. Doesn't it come over extra pair? The part where you screw into is metal, so I find that harder to break. The first thing to break would be the plastic stick. Can't you just remove the bottom end and put on a new stick?
2023-5-15
Use props
acepaul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14757 ft
United States

I decided to buy a lanyard for the RC unit. Hoping it will prevent these types of incidents.
2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Alaskan_Drone. We're sorry to read about what happened to your DJI RC. If you would like to track the service progress and details, you may check it here: (https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?lang=en). You will also receive an email from our facility every step of the process. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us.
2023-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

acepaul Posted at 5-15 16:01
I decided to buy a lanyard for the RC unit. Hoping it will prevent these types of incidents.

After learning the lesson the hard way I now use a lanyard.  Much cheaper alternative than repair costs.
2023-5-16
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I immediately bought it, since holding the drone in one hand and the remote control in the other is very inconvenient.
20221205_184422-1.jpg
2023-5-16
Use props
Alaskan_Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 21:14
Hi, Alaskan_Drone. We're sorry to read about what happened to your DJI RC. If you would like to track the service progress and details, you may check it here: (https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?lang=en). You will also receive an email from our facility every step of the process. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us.

Was received today at your facility.  looks like an easy fix so I should get it back next week
2023-5-18
Use props
Alaskan_Drone
lvl.2
United States

Drone.Hunter Posted at 5-16 07:35
I immediately bought it, since holding the drone in one hand and the remote control in the other is very inconvenient.
[view_image][Image]

Absolutely I’m getting a lanyard for my controller
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alaskan_Drone Posted at 5-18 13:25
Was received today at your facility.  looks like an easy fix so I should get it back next week

Hi, Alaskan_Drone. Thank you for the reply. Hopefully, you'll get it back as soon as possible.
2023-5-22
Use props
Alaskan_Drone
lvl.2
United States

Received my controller back yesterday and took it out for a test flight. Now sure if it’s a new controller, but had to go through the set up procedure as if it was new. Just need to tweak a few things but overall the repair process was easy.
2023-5-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alaskan_Drone Posted at 5-18 13:26
Absolutely I’m getting a lanyard for my controller

Never leave home without it!
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alaskan_Drone Posted at 5-27 06:36
Received my controller back yesterday and took it out for a test flight. Now sure if it’s a new controller, but had to go through the set up procedure as if it was new. Just need to tweak a few things but overall the repair process was easy.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you already now received your controller. If you need assistance setting up the said device, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules