P3-Pro + DJI Go = Not Working?
2437 27 2015-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

So I received my Phantom 3 Pro yesterday. Took the time to read the manual, etc. Charged the batteries to full. Downloaded the latest firmware and followed directions to update...however the drone was already up to date with the latest firmware.

Downloaded the app via the DJI site (confirmed its the same version as the Google Play Store).

Followed directions: Turned on Remote First, Inserted Battery and Turned on Drone, Connected the USB cable between the Remote and the Mobile Device, Started the App.
I get nothing. The App gives no option to connect to the drone. I have the latest version of Android (5.0.1). Not sure what to do. Called several times this morning (818-235-0789) and chose option "3" for my specific needs....and I got an automated reply saying the call volumes are high, etc.

Anyone here having the same issue? Remote Controller shows solid green. The Drone shows a double blinking green. The Camera light shows a solid green. Seems like all systems are a go...just can't get the App to work? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

2015-8-25
Use props
skeley68
lvl.1

United States

Which mobile device are you using?
2015-8-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your remote is green (and says SAFE TO FLY) and your drone is double blinking green...you should be able to start it up.   Tap the icon on the go App that shows a 'landing pad and an arrow' and then slide the bar that appears to the right.  Your phantom should start up and move up to 4ft height and hover

launch_button.PNG
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

r u using an android evice that is in the list of approved devices by dji
2- have u enabled usb debugging in android (very IMPORTANT)
3-there are no options in app to connect to phone
4- everything off, connect cable to device, turn on rc and it will start te app automatically, then p3( and BTW it is not a DRONE, it has no missiles, no telephoto zoom lens, infra red or autonomous flight capabilities, its not seeking bad guys etc etc)
2015-8-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 02:47
2- have u enabled usb debu ...

Very thorough as always, Ray!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-8-26 02:52
Very thorough as always, Ray!

thorough is my middle name, actually i am one of the most un thorough people u will find in most things but with the p3 as i dont want to neither crash and fork out another 1400 nor hurt someone, i have become very thorough. Also having a very logical mind towards anything helps!!

thx
2015-8-25
Use props
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for your reply!

1. I am not using a listed device; my mobile is an HTC M8 Developers Edition
2. I will attempt to enable USB Debugging...didn't think of that.
3. When I start the App...there is just a "button" on the bottom that says "How to Connect" but it is strictly a how-to. From what I understand...when first starting up the App...the App is supposed to go through initial "setup" but that never happened for me?
2015-8-25
Use props
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-8-26 02:19
If your remote is green (and says SAFE TO FLY) and your drone is double blinking green...you should  ...

Thank you for your reply. Indeed I am getting a double green flash (continuous) and a solid green on the RC. I think the issue is...the App is not recognizing that the P3P is on. From what I understand...when starting the DJI Go App for the first time...its supposed to go through "initial setup" however that never happened for me?
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jzaid84 Posted at 2015-8-26 03:31
Thank you for your reply!

1. I am not using a listed device; my mobile is an HTC M8 Developers Ed ...

once the rc , device and p3 are in communication then it will automatically bring up the initial, creating a profile page first and once signed up then it will go thru the initial setup.
you can create your profile and sign in without connecting g to rc or p3 if you like.
until all 3 equipment are successfully connected you are not going to see anything on the app.
i suggest using a different device to at least go thru the initial setup.
2015-8-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jzaid84 Posted at 2015-8-26 03:33
Thank you for your reply. Indeed I am getting a double green flash (continuous) and a solid green  ...

This is a strange issue indeed.  If the app didn't recognize that your copter was on, it would be RED, not green.

Here is a suggestion.  Why not try to re-bind/re-synch your controller with the copter.

1) Turn off your phantom and then turn it on again
2) Go into your controller menu and you should see a button that says "LINKING REMOTE CONTROLLERS"
     press this
    it'll ask if you wanna confirm settings.....click AGREE
3) Your tablet will beep
4) Go to the sync button on your copter (you'll need a pen or a stylus to press the button)  press this button on your copter:

5) The beeping will stop and a message will come on your screen stating synching done.....Click OK or Accept (can't remember the exact message)

2015-8-25
Use props
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-8-26 03:46
This is a strange issue indeed.  If the app didn't recognize that your copter was on, it would be  ...

Thanks for the reply. I cannot go into the "controller menu" because the App has no option for that.

With regards to the DJI Go App, here is what I see:

At the top it says "Connect Your Aircraft"
At the Bottom there is a button that says "How to Connect"
There are 3 menu buttons on the very bottom, from left to right: "Equipment, Library, Explore, and Me"
There is a "Flight Record" button on the top left...and thats it.

The App never went into initial setup. Not sure how to get the App to recognize that my phone is connected to the RC. Any ideas?
2015-8-25
Use props
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

I just checked and USB Debugging was NOT enabled. Maybe this will make the difference? I'll update soon with my findings!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jzaid84 Posted at 2015-8-26 04:05
I just checked and USB Debugging was NOT enabled. Maybe this will make the difference? I'll update ...

it definitely wil
2015-8-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Excellent suggestion, Ray!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-8-26 04:40
Excellent suggestion, Ray!

It apparently wasn't since he did not come back to post;
"Yes Ray, it worked, u r my hero"
2015-8-25
Use props
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 06:19
It apparently wasn't since he did not come back to post;
"Yes Ray, it worked, u r my hero"

lmao! I am at work..I won't get a chance to try it until tonight lol! I am hopeful that it does, however!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jzaid84 Posted at 2015-8-26 07:00
lmao! I am at work..I won't get a chance to try it until tonight lol! I am hopeful that it does, h ...

i hope it does so i can be your hero
2015-8-25
Use props
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 07:00

Well sir you ARE my Hero, lol. Unbelievable how USB Debugging makes the difference with the App. Spent hours last night trying to figure it out...

So for those with similar issues on Android...make sure USB Debugging is ENABLED. Also, when initial setup is taking place...the last step is to "Activate" the unit (through the App) and this will not happen unless you have WiFi OFF. I attempted to activate several times and it gave me an error every single time...did a quick search...and turning off WiFi did the trick. Hope this helps! First flight tomorrow! WooHoo!
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jzaid84 Posted at 2015-8-26 12:10
Well sir you ARE my Hero, lol. Unbelievable how USB Debugging makes the difference with the App. S ...

i am very happy that you are going to enjoy your p3 tomorrow. have fun
2015-8-25
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-26 07:00

I laughed hard at your first posting above and when I scrolled and saw this a 2nd time I lost it....that hit my funny bone!
2015-8-26
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Back on topic........excellent...now enjoy your flights!
2015-8-26
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-8-27 00:35
I laughed hard at your first posting above and when I scrolled and saw this a 2nd time I lost it.. ...

one can help others without being so stern and serious. after all its about enjoyment, right?
2015-8-26
Use props
huntingtherut
New

United States

Rayrokni you seem to be the man and well versed on this subject. I could use your help as well. After upgrading my Phantom 3 last night to the new 1.4.1 firmware, my controller lost it's connection to my aircraft. I also have the same problem with the DJI Go app as jzaid84 did, only I'm using an iPad mini3. I've never had a problem upgrading before until last night. The P3 when turned on gives me flashing yellow lights. The app only wants to "connect to aircraft" and will not enter into camera view at all. Any help would be much appreciated. Currently I have a $2000 paper weight lol Thanks!
2015-9-10
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

USB Debugging has to be enabled.
2015-9-10
Use props
huntingtherut
New

United States

giant Posted at 2015-9-10 21:37
USB Debugging has to be enabled.

I'm not using Android though
2015-9-10
Use props
jzaid84
lvl.1

United States

First few flights were a success...so I want to thank you again Rayrokni! I made just one video so far, however, until I can master smooth flight patterns. The DJI P3P is amazing to say the least...
2015-9-10
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

huntingtherut Posted at 2015-9-10 16:03
I'm not using Android though

I'm sorry, didn't read it all...
2015-9-10
Use props
huntingtherut
New

United States

giant Posted at 2015-9-10 15:05
I'm sorry, didn't read it all...

No problem. I appreciate you trying to help me out.
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules