Connect Mavic Mini with account
957 10 2023-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nulano
lvl.1

Slovakia

I have just bought a used Mavic Mini off Ebay, but I can't find a way to link it to my account.
I found suggestions that the previous owner needs to unbind it first, but they couldn't find it, and neither can I after they gave me their login info.

Is there a way to bind a Mavic Mini to my account, or is this just a Mini 2 feature?
I get no warnings using the Mavic Mini, but it doesn't show any indication that is is "bound" to my account.
I would expect it to show up under "Device Management" even when I am disconnected, but it only shows up when I'm connected, regardless of account.
2023-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, nulano. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Fly Device Management function mainly serves DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage. As of DJI Fly v1.5.4, among the models supported by DJI Fly, Mavic Mini does not support the DJI Care for Flyaway Coverage and cannot bind with an account. This is normal. The current model does not come with this function. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-5-16
Use props
nulano
lvl.1

Slovakia

I guess this means I can't get the forum badge icon, but that is the only limitation, correct?

(I don't care about the forum icon if that's all that does, just wanted to clear up my confusion from other posts.)
2023-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nulano Posted at 5-16 16:59
I guess this means I can't get the forum badge icon, but that is the only limitation, correct?

(I don't care about the forum icon if that's all that does, just wanted to clear up my confusion from other posts.)

only the first person to activate the drone gets the icon in the forum.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

nulano Posted at 5-16 16:59
I guess this means I can't get the forum badge icon, but that is the only limitation, correct?

Hello, there. Do you mean the avatar? Currently, the mechanism for the avatar to display on the Forum is that the registration account on the Forum should be consistent with the activation account of the aircraft.
So, except for the change of the activation account and of course the Avarta, you can use the drone normally.
2023-5-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 00:13
only the first person to activate the drone gets the icon in the forum.

Well obviously there has to be something else that controls those icons as I never got mines other than the one for the Mavic 3...

Not that really matter anyway....
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-17 00:22
Well obviously there has to be something else that controls those icons as I never got mines other than the one for the Mavic 3...

Not that really matter anyway....

Yes same account,  drone has to be new not used or refurbed and you have to sync a flight log.
2023-5-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 00:23
Yes same account,  drone has to be new not used or refurbed and you have to sync a flight log.

Yes, that does make sense, as I accidentally had the Mavic set to sync for few days...
2023-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-17 00:26
Yes, that does make sense, as I accidentally had the Mavic set to sync for few days...

I bought a number of DJI refurbished products and never got the icons for them which was a disappointment.
2023-5-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 00:30
I bought a number of DJI refurbished products and never got the icons for them which was a disappointment.

There is really not that much going for, with this forum as far as customisation...
2023-5-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And yet my phantoms are both well-used second-hand drones. The mini 2 and M2Z were unactivated second-hand drones.
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules