1042 11 2023-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ivan Lopez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52982 ft
Mexico

Hi,
Is there a max number of Air 2S drones I can fly at the same time in the same area as far as signal interference?

Thank you.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For us to provide you with an accurate resolution, can you please confirm if you are pertaining to the maximum number of DJI Air 2s aircraft flying at the same time with one controller or a maximum number of DJI Air 2s unit (with controller for each unit) flying on the area? Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-5-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-17 19:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For us to provide you with an accurate resolution, can you please confirm if you are pertaining to the maximum number of DJI Air 2s aircraft flying at the same time with one controller or a maximum number of DJI Air 2s unit (with controller for each unit) flying on the area? Please let us know. Thank you.

That sort of raises an interesting question in my mind.
If someone had a smart controller that has been linked to two or more drones, what would happen if they launched one  of those drones and then switched the controller to one of the other drones?
At a guess the airborne drone will enter failsafe and do what it is supposed to but......
2023-5-18
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-18 00:28
If someone had a smart controller that has been linked to two or more drones, what would happen if they launched one  of those drones and then switched the controller to one of the other drones?
At a guess the airborne drone will enter failsafe and do what it is supposed to but......

Maybe a weekend test is in order?  
2023-5-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 5-18 03:26
Maybe a weekend test is in order?

I can't, no smart controller, but various Youtubes seem to indicate that an M2P/Z considers itself "disconnected" and would presumably initiate the failsafe behaviour.
2023-5-18
Use props
Ivan Lopez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52982 ft
Mexico

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-17 19:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. For us to provide you with an accurate resolution, can you please confirm if you are pertaining to the maximum number of DJI Air 2s aircraft flying at the same time with one controller or a maximum number of DJI Air 2s unit (with controller for each unit) flying on the area? Please let us know. Thank you.

Thanks for you answer,

I want to know the maximum number of DJI Air 2S drones flying each one with its own controller.

2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-18 00:28
If someone had a smart controller that has been linked to two or more drones, what would happen if they launched one  of those drones and then switched the controller to one of the other drones?

Hello, Sean. We do not recommend this as the drone might get disconnected and might result a serious issue or maybe a crash. Please fly your drone with one controller at a time. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2023-5-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ivan Lopez Posted at 5-18 09:03
Thanks for you answer,

I want to know the maximum number of DJI Air 2S drones flying each one with its own controller.

Thank you for the clarification. There is no specific number of drones advised but it will depend on the specific operating environment, signal interference may have different influences on the aircraft. Therefore, please fly your aircraft according to the message prompted on the DJI Fly app. If the interference is relatively strong, please fly your aircraft in an appropriate operating environment. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-5-19
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-18 03:42
I can't, no smart controller, but various Youtubes seem to indicate that an M2P/Z considers itself "disconnected" and would presumably initiate the failsafe behaviour.

I was really only joking. Failsafe RTH would be what I would expect to happen.
2023-5-19
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Ivan Lopez Posted at 5-18 09:03
Thanks for you answer,

I want to know the maximum number of DJI Air 2S drones flying each one with its own controller.

You should consider also the other sources that may operate in  the same frequency bands: WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile phones ... As much as the number of devices in the same frequency band increases, you'll probably experience a range reduction. And also the position of the pilots can be relevant: if all the pilots are in the same spot, the situation would be probably very bad, reducing the range a lot. By opposite, having the pilots spread all around may help reducing the interferences.
2023-5-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 5-19 02:34
I was really only joking. Failsafe RTH would be what I would expect to happen.

Fair enough but in general I think DIY testing is a very good way to go for everything drone related ....... but only after one is reasonably certain of the outcome, so if I could I would.
That said I have been caught out a time or two, mainly by RTH behaviours.
2023-5-19
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

We did this test with two Mini 2 drones.  We didn't run into any problems.  
2023-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules