Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
i-one lost properller on flight
2698 35 2015-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.1

Spain

Hello

This moorning one properller  lost in flight over 10-15 meters.

Not well put into circulation vehicles which are not secure.

Warranty ?  

Best

Peter

2015-8-25
Use props
_Carlo
lvl.4

United States

lets see a close up picture of the Quick Release Hub on top of the motor that lost the prop!
2015-8-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
China

Sorry for your loss.  We have now only had one case of a quick release, yours.  Did you check that the prop was properly locked before you took off?  If so, then yes show us a close up of the motor mounted lock.
2015-8-25
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-26 08:48
Sorry for your loss.  We have now only had one case of a quick release, yours.  Did you check that t ...

There have been discussions about QR props breaking internally and the hubs cracking since they were released.

This is really the first report you've heard of?

2015-8-25
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Sorry to hear it Peter - Ouch!

Hope you are back up and flying soon
2015-8-25
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

Sorry for your loss.  We have now only had one case of a quick release, yours.  Did you check that t ...

hi ¡

Afternoon post any shoot, all was correctly.

Best
Peter
2015-8-25
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

Hola DJI

Yo he leido en otro foros, muchos problemas y perdidas de equipo por el mismo problema, no me ha pasado solamente a mi.

No tengo seguridad con este sistema de helices, yo no tengo que preocuparme si las helices agarran o no..

Debeis de mejorar esto, es mejor volver al tornillo, y despejar inseguridades.

¿ Y si hubiera caido encima de una persona ?

Yo me preocupo de volar sin accidentes, y eso es seguridad, pero si el equipo no es seguro, yo no lo voy a volar más con este sistema de fijación en el inspire one.

2015-8-25
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-8-26 10:41
There have been discussions about QR props breaking internally and the hubs cracking since they we ...

This is the first report I've heard of one coming off in the air.  Yes, we've heard a lot about people finding cracks and replacing them on the ground but this is the first crash I'm aware of.
2015-8-26
Use props
VainGit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WOW I found a 'tooth' had broken off my 'Quick release' after the maiden flight. I removed the Prop and a small piece of the Quick Release fell off!! Worrying so I've ordered the older 'Twist and Lock' Props now... So lucky it didn't go bad like you Peter. Damn Shame. Should I bin these new 'Quick Release' props??
2015-8-26
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

Hola

En este foro parece que hay mas personas con el mismo incidente.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... r-and-crashed.5358/

Saludos
2015-8-26
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

Hola

No tengo ganas de continuar este debate, vamos a trabajar con yuneec.
Ya tenemos uno q500+ y aunque la camara es bastante peor,  es un equipo más seguro, ligero y un sistema de helices de " tornillo" Esto es seguro 100%   

No me atrevo a volar un inspire 1.  Creo que es peligroso.

De momento no voy hacer nada, ninguna reparación, Este debate me va a quitar muchas horas de mi tiempo, voy a perder más tiempo de lo que vale ese equipo, voy a estar estresado por las noticias de la reparación, y como tenemos el equipo asegurado a todo riesgo, el seguro es posible que devuelve el importe al ser tan nuevo.  La poliza de seguro solo tiene dos semanas, y he tenido suerte, de que no haya ocurrido antes y que no ha caido "ENCIMA DE NINGUNA PERSONA"

El desanimo con este modelo tras el incidente es grande.   
Estoy seguro que a mas gente le va a ocurrir lo mismo, solo es cuestion de tiempo.. si sucede una vez, volverá a ocurrir.

El sistema de sujección no está bien, no es seguro poner en manos de cualquiera.

Es muy bonito un diseño de sujecion sin tornillo, pero permite que un usuario se pueda equivocar, o apretar mal la helice.

Dias antes,  pense que el soporte de metal en la base motor, con las lenguas inclinadas de sujección hacia arriba, podian fallar, y han fallado..

Yo tengo en el telefono el vuelo grabado si os sirve de ayuda, no lo puedo leer con un editor de textos, es ilegible. Son todo caracteres ascii, que no se han podido convertir.

Saludos

2015-8-26
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

Hola

Esta mañana  me ha parecido ver un cuestionario con 4 posibles causas del incidente.
¿ se ha borrado ese mensaje ?

saludos

2015-8-26
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

There have been discussions about QR props breaking internally and the hubs cracking since they we ...

Im well over 100 hours of flight on my QR props and they are in fantastic condition

Biggest thing I see happening is over tightening of the hub and it cracking before it is even in the air.
2015-8-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The only cases that I know of were users over tighten the base to the motor and causing it to crack.  
2015-8-26
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-8-27 00:44
This is the first report I've heard of one coming off in the air.  Yes, we've heard a lot about peo ...

Hmm.

I'm pretty sure there was one retailer who was doing their own voluntary recall when the QR props were first released because they had a few customers reporting that they were separating in air. I've just been checking mine carefully for issues so I haven't thought about it much since... it may have been nothing or an overzealous vendor.

I was probably just more inclined to believe it at the time because I've never been 100% convinced that the QR prop design will stand up to the same number of flight hours as traditional prop hubs. The "plastic on plastic" nature of the teeth feels like it's a failure point to keep an eye on.

Mind, FTR I personally haven't had any issues.
2015-8-26
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

http://www.heliworx.es/crash-inspire-1/IMG_0538.JPG

http://www.heliworx.es/crash-inspire-1/IMG_0541.JPG

Puedes ver el resto de las fotos aquí.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... crashed.5358/page-3

Espero que DJI reemplace la unidad por una nueva, no queremos otra solución.

DJI Ha puesto en peligro nuestra seguridad, y la de las personas..

El diseño de sujección, dista mucho de ser perfecto.

Ese equipo no va a volver a volar nunca mas..  no lo queremos reparado, si no es reemplazado,  venderemos por piezas y olvidar DJI.

Best
Peter

Saludos

2015-8-27
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-27 11:55
The only cases that I know of were users over tighten the base to the motor and causing it to crac ...

No podeis poner en manos de la gente, equipos inseguros.  

Poner tornillo y tuerca para sujetar la helice mejor al inspire 1 y nunca más caerá uno por ese motivo.
Os lo puedo asrgurar,

Lo que ocurre es que el producto será menos atractivo, y estas cosas del marketing, hacen poner equipos inseguros en circulación.

Tarjeta roja para DJI.

Saludos
2015-8-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-8-27 13:01
Hmm.

I'm pretty sure there was one retailer who was doing their own voluntary recall when the QR  ...

Panda, neither have I.  I have two Inspires that I fly regularly and now a new Matrice.  All use the QR props.  All are without incident.  If you put enough units in the air some will crash for various reasons.  Parts fatigue, or otherwise fail.  Users to not use the part properly.  All can be a factor.  We can only be as careful as we can and check all critical areas before each flight.
2015-8-27
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-28 00:57
Panda, neither have I.  I have two Inspires that I fly regularly and now a new Matrice.  All use t ...

Good to know you have many QR equipped aircraft up and running without issue. Thanks Ed!
2015-8-28
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

Hola DJI

After several days explaining my incident, I only see by DJI say that I have made wrong propeller.
I say clear, the propeller has not been misplaced, the problem is that the fastening system is not safe, in 4 years flying drones have not had to worry if the prop is in place.
¿DJI will answer for this, or it will not have any responsibility?

While waiting for an answer I send a greeting.

Peter

2015-8-28
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

250167 Posted at 2015-8-28 18:01
Hola DJI

After several days explaining my incident, I only see by DJI say that I have made wrong pr ...

Sorry for your loss but so far on this forum and others you've explained how much experience you have but haven't shown a photo of any failure. I deal day in and day out with the results of car accidents and can say that one in one hundred people will admit they made a mistake and caused an accident and I assure you I don't specialize in only victims cars. Equally true that in my over thirty years of repairing wrecked cars I've only seen a few that may have been caused by a failure of the vehicle. These little machines are no different as always it's equipment failure never pilot error. As I own one I'd love to see photos of a failure I can try to prevent. So far the prop mount is whole. Something tells me if the prop had failed internally there would be full page photos of it on every web site I click on. In this case the person responsible just may be the person who caused the accident.
2015-8-29
Use props
ddulworth
lvl.1

United States

I just had the same problem last Sunday.  2 minutes into a routine flight that I have done several times before, I got a "Lost Signal".  Tried RTH, but never made contact again.  After reviewing the Flight Record, the bird was obviously spinning wildly out of control (see link to video).  I have over 16 hr flight time on this bird and never had a problem like this before.  Looks to me like a propeller came off or broke.  They were the quick release props that had about 8 hr flight time on them.  I don't take them off, except occasionly to inspect them and had just flown earlier in the day.  Had latest firmware.  Compass & IMU were calibrated.  I found the bird the next day in a tree directly below where it showed on the map - completely demolished.  Is it worth sending in to DJI or just buy another one?
2015-9-1
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Well you were at 770ft altitude over ground just 2 miles away from Montgomery airfiled landing field + directly over a 300 KV high voltage powerline. You sure its the props which caused the crash?

powerline at crash point

powerline at crash point
2015-9-1
Use props
ddulworth
lvl.1

United States

How did you come up with 770 ft?  You can see the max height was 413 ft.  Those power lines go through my back yard.  I fly over them every time I take off.
2015-9-1
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have video of the flight or was it auto recording in your library?   Impossible to tell, but could have been anything, prop, gun shot, bird, motor, golf ball (just kidding)   Those look like huge lines, but they are under 200ft or they would need to be lit.  We won't be able to tell, but I would send it in nonetheless.  They can review the log file.
2015-9-1
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

ddulworth Posted at 2015-9-2 04:02
How did you come up with 770 ft?  You can see the max height was 413 ft.  Those power lines go throu ...

You were 770 ft over ground. You were standing on a hill and your plane started the crash at 403ft OVER YOUR HILL POSITION but "landed" at -364ft. See your video how altitude went to minus when it fall down. I would bet something hit it in the air.
2015-9-2
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

btw according to the aircraft landing plan of Montgomery airfield you were about 500m away but directly heading into it and on exactly the same altitude as landing planes are supposed to be at this point. You were about 1,65 NM away from the airport and landing planes should be at 760ft at this point.

05401IL28R.PDF

298.26 KB, Down times: 10

Montgomery field aircraft landing path

2015-9-2
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

The weakness of the Qr props is that they rely on the user fitting them properly, the hubs included. Dji have supplied us with the correct torque settings, if we don't use them there may be an issue.
2015-9-2
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Strange that DJI always warns of use of 3rd party products but here forces pilots to buy a 3rd party torque wrench with unsure quality for a maintenance process which is obligate at some point and cannot be avoided. Also correct settings are not written in manual - at least I didnt find them there.

2015-9-2
Use props
lvl.1

Spain

njabinc Posted at 2015-8-29 16:58
Sorry for your loss but so far on this forum and others you've explained how much experience you h ...

How can you know what was the cause ?

I can also feel the same, but what is not normal is that a manufacturer the option to fail on something as basic as putting a propeller. It is necessary to screw ..

It will continue to happen, it is only a matter of time.

For the inspired one, it has prevailed nice design, penalizing safe flight
That is not well thought out. It is a dangerous device

best regards
2015-9-10
Use props
yuneec4k
lvl.1

Spain

hello

working with Yuneec, with much more security and better feeling.

in view of the minimal importance for DJI, the fall and failure of its drones, we have chosen to buy a Yuneec 500q4k and the truth that gives more security to inspire crazy.

DJI never answers his fault, that we have learned from watching other accidents.

DJI takes many months to make a budget repair ..

Much amount equals low quality, service and manufacturing.

bad experience in the first DJI product.

best regards  and thanks for the help.
Peterg
2015-9-10
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

250167 Posted at 2015-9-10 09:40
How can you know what was the cause ?

I can also feel the same, but what is not normal is that a  ...

My point was you took quite a few photos but never supplied photos of the components that would prove or disprove your assertions. Given you recovered the parts but failed to share the most important photos of their condition at critical attachments, the only logical conclusion is that sharing them would have proven your assertions were baseless. No one will benefit from baseless accusations made to divert the spotlight from the truth. If the props in fact did not fall off due to a design failure then it appears to again be pilot error. Not uncommon and still an unfortunate situation we could possibly learn something  from. However what purpose does it serve to falsely accuse DJI of a design failure publicly. It does garner attention but for what purpose and at what cost as nothing is learned or resolved.
2015-9-10
Use props
one2one photogr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392336 ft
Canada

Hi everyone, so today at 14.56 after 2 mimutes of flying we had a blade fly off in flight.  I bought my Inspire last year and it already had the upgraded blade locks.

However I am starting to worry about fatigue of parts.  It was not the blade or locking system at fault, it was the black piece of metal that holds the blade on!  See pic...  

We used this drone commercially for photo and video and in one year flew 236 flights, 18 hours and 46 minutes with a distance of 114,044 meters with not one safety incident.  What's more embarrising is that I am on a working group for Transport Canada for safety and how to regulate these drones, now I have a completely different view on safety!  We have even had newspaper do a full write up about us.

Today we had Rogers TV filming us whilst this blade flew off.  I have written to DJi and I expect no reply but I have asked the film makers not to air this crash.  Hope they do not.  Luckily no one was hurt, no property damage, just my drone.

My concerns over safety is now changed.  This was not a human error it was a manfacturing fault of a part.  If DJi think we flew this Inspire for to many hours without a "service" then DJi need to start providing information about when parts may wear out and need replacing.

People please check this part!  If you are using your drone a lot this part may break and cause a blade to fly off.

I am hoping DJi respond to me or offer some help or guidance.

Pete
2016-3-15
Use props
one2one photogr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392336 ft
Canada

Hi everyone, so today at 14.56 after 2 mimutes of flying we had a blade fly off in flight.  I bought my Inspire last year and it already had the upgraded blade locks.

However I am starting to worry about fatigue of parts.  It was not the blade or locking system at fault, it was the black piece of metal that holds the blade on!  See pic...  

We used this drone commercially for photo and video and in one year flew 236 flights, 18 hours and 46 minutes with a distance of 114,044 meters with not one safety incident.  What's more embarrising is that I am on a working group for Transport Canada for safety and how to regulate these drones, now I have a completely different view on safety!  We have even had newspaper do a full write up about us.

Today we had Rogers TV filming us whilst this blade flew off.  I have written to DJi and I expect no reply but I have asked the film makers not to air this crash.  Hope they do not.  Luckily no one was hurt, no property damage, just my drone.

My concerns over safety is now changed.  This was not a human error it was a manfacturing fault of a part.  If DJi think we flew this Inspire for to many hours without a "service" then DJi need to start providing information about when parts may wear out and need replacing.

People please check this part!  If you are using your drone a lot this part may break and cause a blade to fly off.

I am hoping DJi respond to me or offer some help or guidance.

Pete

Broken part

Broken part

Broken drone

Broken drone
2016-3-15
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I still use the original props with the clips.......they may be more of a hassle, but they are pretty fool proof.
2016-3-15
Use props
martinkirikal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68471 ft
Estonia

Harb Posted at 2016-3-16 01:31
I still use the original props with the clips.......they may be more of a hassle, but they are prett ...

Since in Estonia no one will no longer sell the original props with the clips I moved to the QR props. Now I am starting to feel paranoid.  The material thickness of the locking mecanism is very  thin. How can we be sure that the material used is not started to crack  underneath?
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules