Mavic 3 Series 100W battery charging hub - what protocol (PD/PPS)?
2368 7 2023-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

Currently I am using the original Mavic 3 battery charging hub to charge Mavic 3 batteries. It supports maximum of 65W output with PD protocol, or 88W output with PPS fast charge protocol.

For the Mavic 3 Series 100W battery charging hub - what protocol (PD/PPS) does it use to support 100W fast charge?

screenshot.png
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, The DJI Mavic 3 Charging hub (100 W) supports PD and PPS fast charging protocols. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-21
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-21 18:24
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, The DJI Mavic 3 Charging hub (100 W) supports PD and PPS fast charging protocols. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

If I use a charger which support both 100W PD and 65W PPS fast charge protocol, to connect to the Mavic 3 100W battery charging hub, what is the expected power input? 100W or 65W?

I am asking this question, because I know the original Mavic 3 battery charging hub puts higher priority over PPS fast charging protocol over PD. If the connected charger supports both PD and PPS, the hub always chooses PPS protocol over PD, even if PD protocol outputs higher power. I have done the test before, with a 3rd party charger, which support 100W PD protocol, and 65W PPS fast charge at the same time. I used a power meter to measure the output, and it only outputs 65W, which means the Mavic 3 charging hub picked PPS protocol over PD. I want to know if this behavior has changed for the new 100W battery charging hub.
2023-5-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jerryway Posted at 5-21 18:48
If I use a charger which support both 100W PD and 65W PPS fast charge protocol, to connect to the Mavic 3 100W battery charging hub, what is the expected power input? 100W or 65W?

I am asking this question, because I know the original Mavic 3 battery charging hub puts higher priority over PPS fast charging protocol over PD. If the connected charger supports both PD and PPS, the hub always chooses PPS protocol over PD, even if PD protocol outputs higher power. I have done the test before, with a 3rd party charger, which support 100W PD protocol, and 65W PPS fast charge at the same time. I used a power meter to measure the output, and it only outputs 65W, which means the Mavic 3 charging hub picked PPS protocol over PD. I want to know if this behavior has changed for the new 100W battery charging hub.

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-5-22
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-22 02:58
Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our designated team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Have a nice day ahead.

Another related question:

The original Mavic 3 supports 65W in-drone battery charge via PD protocol, or 88W fast charge via PPS protocol. What about Mavic 3 Pro?  If I use DJI 100W charger to charge the battery inside Mavic 3 Pro drone, what is the expected power output, and what charging protocol does it use to charge the battery? PD 3.0 or PPS?
2023-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jerryway Posted at 5-22 09:17
Another related question:

The original Mavic 3 supports 65W in-drone battery charge via PD protocol, or 88W fast charge via PPS protocol. What about Mavic 3 Pro?  If I use DJI 100W charger to charge the battery inside Mavic 3 Pro drone, what is the expected power output, and what charging protocol does it use to charge the battery? PD 3.0 or PPS?

Thank you for your response. Kindly please refer to the information below about the DJI Mavic 3 series consumer drones including the DJI Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro Cine.

1) When the USB PD3.0 PPS protocol is not supported, up to 55 W charging power can be achieved.
2) When the USB PD3.0 PPS protocol is supported, up to 88 W charging power can be achieved.
3) Other fast charge protocols are not supported.

Charger

1) 65 W charger: The output of the PPS protocol/PD 3.0 protocol is supported.

(1) The maximum charging specification of the USB-C port is 20 V 3.25 A, and the power is 65 W.
(2) The maximum charging specification of the USB-A port is 5 V 2 A, and the power is 10 W.
(3) The total power of the USB-A port and USB-C port is up to 65 W.

2) DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter: The adapter supports USB PD3.0 PPS/USB PD3.0 protocol output, and the total power is 100 W.

Charging hubs

1) 65W battery charging hub: The USB PD3.0/USB PD3.0 PPS fast charging protocol is supported, but the QC protocol is not supported.

(1) PPS fast charging power of 65W is supported when using the DJI 65W Portable Charger.
(2) PPS fast charging power of 88W is supported when using the DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter.

2) 100W battery charging hub: The USB PD3.0/USB PD3.0 PPS fast charging protocol is supported, but the QC protocol is not supported.

(1) PPS fast charging power of 65W is supported when using the DJI 65W Portable Charger.
(2) PD fast charging power of 100W is supported when using the DJI 100W USB-C Power Adapter.
2023-5-24
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-24 23:53
Thank you for your response. Kindly please refer to the information below about the DJI Mavic 3 series consumer drones including the DJI Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro Cine.

1) When the USB PD3.0 PPS protocol is not supported, up to 55 W charging power can be achieved.

Thanks for the detailed information. That clears all of my questions, except the one below.
If I use a 3rd party charger which supports 100W PD 3.0, and 65W PPS fast charge protocol, to connect to the Mavic 3/Pro 100W battery charging hub, what is the expected power input? 100W or 65W?
2023-5-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

jerryway Posted at 5-25 01:05
Thanks for the detailed information. That clears all of my questions, except the one below.
If I use a 3rd party charger which supports 100W PD 3.0, and 65W PPS fast charge protocol, to connect to the Mavic 3/Pro 100W battery charging hub, what is the expected power input? 100W or 65W?

You are most welcome. We will also coordinate this additional inquiry of yours to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we receive an update. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules