Surprised by speed reached with Mini 3 Pro
724 3 2023-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KJ7YM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161427 ft
United States

Last night, using an +Battery, I placed my Mini 3 pro into sport mode for the first time. (first time on purpose anyway :-)
I was just trying to get it back home quickly, since it was more than a half mile away, and that is a bit too far for my Googles 2 to reach.
To my astonishment the drone shot up to 42 mph. As I was staring at that thinking "Well That's Cool" the display showed me the Over Current message for the first time. (Thank you DJI for putting that warning in your programming, You Rock!)

I quickly put it right back to Normal Mode of couse and it slowed down to somewhere in the 20+ something mph range.

My Question however is, I thought the onboard systems kept the craft down to a predetermined top speed. I can't remember for sure but I thought the number was somewhere in the low to mid thirties. Has anyone else ever seen a burst of speed like this? I did not have any tailwinds, or any winds at the time, so I have kind of ruled that out.

Thanks for any input.
Larry
2023-5-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Larry

checked few of my MINI3PRO logs,

max speed in Sport ~37 miles per hour

cheers
JJB [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for flightlog analysis ]
analysis1.png
2023-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think its a fraction under for me, sommat like 36.5mph or thereabouts, that's even with a decent wind on my tail.
Thats what a miss about the P4P, which had no limit when it came to a tailwind, i think the speed limiting came in with the Mavic Pro.
2023-5-23
Use props
Zhillz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2914944 ft
United States

Sounds like those motors were screaming, lol. The only time I received an over-current warning was after a hurricane here in Florida. Flying in wind gusts of around 20+ MPH, I have never witnessed speeds exceeding 40 MPH, tho
2023-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules