639 3 2023-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rotor-head.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10823 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible for hte Mavic 3 Classic to be used as a stabilized handheld camera and transition into flight in 1 shot?  Or does it always have to start and lift a few feet before continuing?

Example:  I want to walk through a house and out the front door and then end up about 30 feet in the air looking down. (drone propellers not spinning in the house, then starting and flying out of my hand for the end shot).

Thanks
2023-5-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the motors are running whilst you are walking then the drone will probably fight you.
Ignoring tha, if your where to launch from a 'walking/moving hand' I would have concerns about the drone immediately trying to hold the postion where the launch was commanded ... unless you give it appropriate elevator or aileron. If you were walking forward and had the drone infront of you, you run the risk of walking into the drone etc. etc..
Risk aside I think it would be a tricky thing to do smoothly.
2023-5-25
Use props
rotor-head.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10823 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah..  thats a given.  I'm wondering if there is a work-around to the drone not wanting to hold it's position and make it be fluid.
2023-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try it and see.
The camera works just fine with the drone powered up before you start the motors.
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules