Using in another country...what settings changes?
720 8 2023-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qtm15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65400 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, anyone please give me a prompt on what settings to change when using abroad, I'm in the UK and plan to take to Asia
Many Thanks

2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us more information?
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the local height restrictions and local laws. I would also check whether or not you would be allowed to bring your drone into any country you are visiting.
2023-5-26
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/ ... .08946399999996&z=2
Description of requirements by country
Russian Language
https://kompastour.com/ua/rus/ne ... i_nelzya_brat_dron/
2023-5-26
Use props
qtm15
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Intend taking to Philippines, it is allowed to be used there.

Asking about settings because when I originally set up, there was a country setting, which I set to UK.

I know about the Date/Time setting, could not find any Country setting as when originally setup.

Just thinking that the country has to be set to be compliant with its rules etc, or does this info get populated thro' GNSS...
2023-5-26
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

You don't need to make any settings. All you need to do is only related to the convenience of using the device, etc.
2023-5-26
Use props
qtm15
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Thank You for the link
2023-5-26
Use props
qtm15
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Drone.Hunter Posted at 5-26 04:32
You don't need to make any settings. All you need to do is only related to the convenience of using the device, etc.

OK thank you again
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Legal height and distance vary from country to country but the height limit set in the App has NOTHING to do with legal constraints, it is measured in terms of the height above the take off point, nothing else. Unless the drone is low enough for the 'ground' to be within range of the VPS system then the drone know nothing of its height above the ground directly beneath the drone (AGL). AGL is the legal consideration and compliance with that is your responsibility.
Imagine a string, equal in length to the legal height limit, tied to the bottom of the drone, the law's thinking is that that sting should always be able to touch the ground directly beneath the drone.

With regards to which radio transmission scheme the drone and controller use, FCC vs CE, I believe the equipment select that automatically based on your location. ...... unless you have 'messed-with'/hacked the firmware.
The only thing with regards to 'abnormal' settings that you might need to look at is the video frame rate (fps)  and I think that be can be set to automatic, if true then the drone should choose the fps appropriate to the drones location.
2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules