Mavic 3 Battery - "Watt" is the charging rate?
3045 13 2023-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Can you please tell me what is the charging rate of the Mavic 3 Battery?
On this website https://www.jessops.com/p/dji/ma ... ight-battery-197696
It mentions the max. charging rate is 65W. It looks like I'd be wasting money upgrading car chargers, power banks etc, beyond the 65W versions I already have.
With the 100W hub being available, I assumed the battery could be charged at 100w, using the hub and directly into the drone.

Is the site wrong or maybe selling an older version of the battery?

Thank you.

2023-5-27
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't believe the batteries themselves have changed (would be interested to know if they have), but on the Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Enterprise line they now ship with more powerful mains charger and DJI 100w charging hub which will charge at up to 100w.  The previous DJI hub for Mavic 3/Cine/Classic was up to 65w. Specs on DJI website here https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... gent-flight-battery which don't state about charging rates but appears to be the same battery for all of the mavic 3's. Note if you interchange between the models you will get firmware update message so will need to apply that each time moving between the different aircraft, but at least you can share them.
2023-5-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you want to charge at 100w, you need to put a properly powered power source into the hub.

Also, I love your play on words.  : )  Nicely played.
2023-5-27
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Axelz Posted at 5-27 07:38
Don't believe the batteries themselves have changed (would be interested to know if they have), but on the Mavic 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Enterprise line they now ship with more powerful mains charger and DJI 100w charging hub which will charge at up to 100w.  The previous DJI hub for Mavic 3/Cine/Classic was up to 65w. Specs on DJI website here https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... gent-flight-battery which don't state about charging rates but appears to be the same battery for all of the mavic 3's. Note if you interchange between the models you will get firmware update message so will need to apply that each time moving between the different aircraft, but at least you can share them.

Thank you for your help.
2023-5-27
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 5-27 07:42
If you want to charge at 100w, you need to put a properly powered power source into the hub.

Also, I love your play on words.  : )  Nicely played.

Thank you.
So it sounds like the text on the website was written when only the 65w hub was available and is out of date, due to the 100w hub being available.

I do have the 100w hub.

Thank you
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

I used the 65w charger that came with my mavic 3 pro. It is fast enough for my need. How faster do you want it? Charing battery at a faster rate can damage and decrease its performance. Not sure why waiting like an hour is so hard. Might as well put an 10,000 watt charge and charge it under 5 mins. XD
2023-5-27
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-27 08:41
I used the 65w charger that came with my mavic 3 pro. It is fast enough for my need. How faster do you want it? Charing battery at a faster rate can damage and decrease its performance. Not sure why waiting like an hour is so hard. Might as well put an 10,000 watt charge and charge it under 5 mins. XD

I'm wanting the fastest charge possible, for things like power banks and car cigarette ports.
Just for when I'm at a location, I can charge the batteries when I'm walking around or driving from one location to the next.
2023-5-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

From what I was told is that the 100W hub only charges 3 batteries 15 minutes faster than the 65W.
2023-5-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've shared this in a different thread but I'll post it here again.
Screenshot 2023-05-27 213743.png

Watts really cool is that it actually peaked at 110 for a short period. I find it hard to believe that there's only a 15 minute difference when charging 3 batteries. Of course this 100W rate will start to drop down as the battery reaches 100%. Still, only a 5 minute difference per battery? There's no way.  
2023-5-27
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-27 12:39
From what I was told is that the 100W hub only charges 3 batteries 15 minutes faster than the 65W.

Isn't that 15 mins per battery?
2023-5-27
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-27 19:29
I've shared this in a different thread but I'll post it here again.

Thank you for the info.
2023-5-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the information below about the charging protocol and maximum charging power supported by the DJI Mavic 3:

USB-C port of DJI Mavic 3: When the USB PD3.0 PPS protocol is supported, up to 88W charging power can be achieved. When the USB PD3.0 protocol is supported, up to 55W charging power can be achieved.
DJI Mavic 3 Charging Hub: When the USB PD3.0 PPS protocol is supported, up to 88W charging power can be achieved. When the USB PD3.0 protocol is supported, up to 65W charging power can be achieved.
DJI RC Pro: When the USB PD3.0 PPS/USB PD3.0 protocol is supported, up to 45W charging power can be achieved. When the QC protocol is supported, up to 24W charging power can be achieved.

The DJI 65W Portable Charger provided with the DJI Mavic 3 supports the USB PD3.0 PPS protocol, and the Intelligent Flight Battery can be charged at 65W. The charging power of the DJI RC Pro is 45W, which is the maximum power accepted by the device. To charge the aircraft and remote controller simultaneously, use the USB-C cable to connect the aircraft first and then the remote controller via the USB-A port. The USB-C output power is 55W and the USB-A output power is 10W. As the PD fast charge protocol is compatible with lower versions, the DJI 65W Portable Charger provided with the DJI Mavic 3 can also be used to charge other electronic devices that support the PD protocol.
2023-5-27
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-27 23:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the information below about the charging protocol and maximum charging power supported by the DJI Mavic 3:

USB-C port of DJI Mavic 3: When the USB PD3.0 PPS protocol is supported, up to 88W charging power can be achieved. When the USB PD3.0 protocol is supported, up to 55W charging power can be achieved.

Thank you. That's very useful.
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MS Posted at 5-28 05:13
Thank you. That's very useful.

You are very much welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules