1768 7 2015-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joharley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56601 ft
  • >>>
United States

On June 15th 2015 Iwas flying my Phantom 2 Vision Plus along California’s Central Coast and I seethat my battery is at 55%. That’s good, because I am of course flying out overthe Pacific Ocean. Then all of a sudden I hear the screen beeping at me. I lookand “Holly Crap!” I’m down to 5% power!? What the hell??? Startbringing it home, at least get it over land, and I mean FAST. Again I glance atthe monitor and now it says I have 24% power but now the screen’s frozen. NowI'm in real trouble right? Needles to say I’ve never found that Phantom 2Vision Plus. I even tried using my Phantom 3 to locate it within theneighborhood but no luck. I sent letters to each address in the neighborhoodasking folks to keep an eye out for it, again no luck. I’ve owned the Phantom 2Vision, Phantom 2 Vision Plus, the Phantom 3 and I can’t count the number offlights I’ve done. The biggest problem I’ve ever experienced is I crashed onthe beach once (my fault) and I’ve flown into a tree or bush a few times, againmy fault.
DJI needs to figuresome way to fit their UAVs with a small separate power supply and applicationfor tracking a lost UAV, kind of the same way you can track a cell phone or carwith GPS. Oh well, there goes some $1,200 dollars plus...

2015-8-26
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

sorry  to hear your loss!

i could not resist replying with a question:  you are a democrat, right?
2015-8-26
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Sorry about your Phantom. I too lost mine a couple of weeks ago, but by my own hand. There are GPS trackers that you can attach to your Phantom that can help you locate it if it flies away. I had yet to get there. My next one will definitely have one. Hope it turns up.

Barney
2015-8-26
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

TK109B

Google it.  $40 and works fantastic.
TK109B Discussion at PhantomPilots forum

Sounds like you had a battery failure.

2015-8-26
Use props
homer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612457 ft
United States

I bought this for my P3-Std, I lost P2 V+ in heavy timber 15 miles from my house but an hour to drive there.
http://eurekaproducts.com/rc-model-tracking-and-recovery/
If I fly not at my house I usually don't have cell service.
I been testing it,
Got a 1/4 mile, P3-Std in a Yukon.
Suburban area behind double wide mobile home and large pole building.
I was driving a pickup toward my parked vehicle.
2015-8-28
Use props
joharley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56601 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks all for the heart felt condolences. I never did find the P2 V+. Another lesson I learned from this, ENGRAVE NAME AND CONTACT INFO ON DRONE!  I had nothing on the drone to identify it's owner...

I'll be checking into the GPS devices for my Phantom 3 Pro.

(Democrat - right)
2016-1-17
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

When the battery gets to 8% the Phantom will auto land and it doesn't care where or what it's over. Also if their is power on the bird and it's still connected to the controller in you app their is a tracker called "find my Phantom. And it shows the last know location of the Phantom. Has work very well in the past to locate downed birds. Have you tried it?
2016-1-18
Use props
melvonnar
lvl.2
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2016-1-18 05:50
When the battery gets to 8% the Phantom will auto land and it doesn't care where or what it's over.  ...

Had the same problem; but I was lucky enough to be over land and I just let the drone land; was bad cell in battery; went from 80% to 10% in 1 second. sorry to here your loose. I never fly over water for this reason; I get nervous  just flying over woods, and I have been flying for over two years and hundreds of flights, 0 crashes.  happened twice. with batteries that had less than 40 flights on them.
2016-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules