820 7 2023-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_dp99qsuib95l
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331614 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

I am facing an issue of in-flight choppy video recording with my DJI Mini 2. It happens in almost every recording and multiple times, especially when the drone is moving either pan with gimble at 0 deg or gain altitude with gimble at -90 deg.

I've attached the sample recording and also the firmware details, along with the memory card which I use. Request support in resolving this.

Screenshot_2023-05-29-21-35-15-97_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
IMG_20230529_220026.jpg
2023-5-29
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

Perhaps try a different memory card, if possible. That would be the simplest test, before suspecting the drone.
There are many fake memory cards around, especially in the higher capacities. Even Amazon has been known to sell them, so if yours was a "really good deal", that's an avenue to investigate.
2023-5-29
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

That SD card is very inadequate for this application. It has a read speed of 95MB/s and write speed of 90MB/s.

You need one that has, along with U3, at least A2 and V30 ratings as well. These ratings will give around 200MB/s read speed and 140MB/s write speed.

If you're looking for a budget friendly card that works well with the Mini 2, I have this one and it works great: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-I ... apter/dp/B0BFXLT123
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Does the issue also show on the original video? Kindly upload a copy of the original file on this link for further checking. Thank you.
2023-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't think this is due to the SD card.
Do you have more examples, also with the gimbal NOT at 90 degrees (this is a known issue with the Mini2, which can't be solved because of the way the Mini 2 is constructed)
2023-6-2
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 6-2 00:53
I don't think this is due to the SD card.
Do you have more examples, also with the gimbal NOT at 90 degrees (this is a known issue with the Mini2, which can't be solved because of the way the Mini 2 is constructed)

Yes, you are probably right. I get the odd jump in video too but not quite so bad as the example. Per the SD card, trying at a lower resolution (1080p, 30fps or lower) would be an easier test. Just about any card can handle that.
2023-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

nazgull Posted at 6-2 06:07
Yes, you are probably right. I get the odd jump in video too but not quite so bad as the example. Per the SD card, trying at a lower resolution (1080p, 30fps or lower) would be an easier test. Just about any card can handle that.

If it was the SD card, there would be other artifacts probably.
2023-6-2
Use props
HerbA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1209682 ft
United States

nazgull Posted at 6-2 06:07

Did not know this (stutter issue when recording looking down) about the Mini 2.

I have a 4k video looking straight down BUT not moving (watching aligator swim through the frame) and no issue which I was going to share, BUT, I realized it has a frame-rate of 23.98.

Will go out and try again to see if my Mini 2 is showing the same signs of stutter at higher resolution. Would rather know it and avoid if it is the case.

Thanks for the heads-up.
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules