Advice/help on charing the rc/pro controller.
942 6 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Hi, just wanted to ask a few questions on charing the rc/pro controller. I am using the 65w charger that came with the mavic 3 pro. There is a main usb c charger that is permanent wired to the charger block. And there is a 2nd usb c that can be pull out. For charging the drone, i use the main usb c. My question is, could i also use the main charger to charge the controller or do i have to use the 2nd usb c? When i use the main charger, the lights on the controller flashes really fast. When i use the 2nd plug the light on the controller flashes really slow. Will i damage the controller by using the main charger? Does it charge faster? What does it mean when the green lights flashes really fast with the main plug. Is it over current? Will i damage the controller by using the main plug? Or does it mean its charging faster? So which charger plug do I use for the controller? Does it doesn't matter.
20230530_120427.jpg
2023-5-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

none of it matters; just re-charging slow vs re-charging fast.  nothing will damage your controller, regardless.
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-30 09:29
none of it matters; just re-charging slow vs re-charging fast.  nothing will damage your controller, regardless.

Ok. Cause when i plug the main charger it was flashing really fast. I thought might be too much voltage making it flashes quickly. Didnt want to damage the controller.
2023-5-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 5-30 09:38
Ok. Cause when i plug the main charger it was flashing really fast. I thought might be too much voltage making it flashes quickly. Didnt want to damage the controller.

no problem, fast is good!  
2023-5-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I use the main usb c to charge the RC Pro, the fast flashing of the lights is normal, just fast charging vs slow charging when using the other cable
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 5-30 11:04
I use the main usb c to charge the RC Pro, the fast flashing of the lights is normal, just fast charging vs slow charging when using the other cable

Ok thanks guys. Just wanted to confirm it was fast charging cause i thought the charger was putting out too much voltage and amps for the controller.
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Our fellow DJI members are correct in their response above. Fast charging is supported when using the USB-C port and normal charging when using the USB-A port. You may refer to the information below when using the DJI 65W charger.

1) 65 W charger: The output of the PPS protocol/PD 3.0 protocol is supported.

The maximum charging specification of the USB-C port is 20 V 3.25 A, and the power is 65 W.
The maximum charging specification of the USB-A port is 5 V 2 A, and the power is 10 W.
The total power of the USB-A port and USB-C port is up to 65 W.

DJI RC Pro:  When the USB PD3.0 PPS/USB PD3.0 protocol is supported, up to 45W charging power can be achieved. When the QC protocol is supported, up to 24W charging power can be achieved.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules