1110 10 2023-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The IMU calibration sticks at two out of five processes and never completes. Anybody have an idea what's going on or a solution?
2023-6-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Are you doing it on a 100% flat level surface? Try doing it before any flights ie, a cold IMU calibration and also you can try doing a FW refresh via Dji Assistant 2 on a PC first, let drone cool down then do the IMU
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Marty. Thank you for reaching out. Are you getting any error codes? If so, please provide us with the code otherwise please try the following steps below:

• Ensure that the aircraft is placed on a horizontal plane during calibration.

• If the machine is on standby for a long period of time, power it off and allow it to cool to room temperature. Then, power it on for calibration.

• Ensure that the firmware has been updated successfully.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-1
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-1 19:31
Hi, Marty. Thank you for reaching out. Are you getting any error codes? If so, please provide us with the code otherwise please try the following steps below:

• Ensure that the aircraft is placed on a horizontal plane during calibration.

All protocols followed. Did update recently. Will try to reinstall update.
Thanks
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Marty Markoe Posted at 6-2 03:50
All protocols followed. Did update recently. Will try to reinstall update.
Thanks

Hi, Marty. Thank you for the reply. Please keep us posted.
2023-6-5
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-5 07:51
Hi, Marty. Thank you for the reply. Please keep us posted.

Reinstalled latest update. No joy. Read a post that said you need to watch how to change orientation of drone at each step of update. From this, noticed the drone pictured with arms closed. Started IMU update again with arms closed. Rotated drone after step 1 but still freezes at step 2. Tried again with arms opened and rotating for step 2. Still no go. Have attempted many times and in several locations. IMU still shows yellow which is acceptable.

I'm on the east coast. Will be traveling to west coast in 2 weeks and will give it a try there. Unless someone has a.n actual method for completing all 5 steps, I'm not wasting any more time on this.
2023-6-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Marty Markoe Posted at 6-20 03:14
Reinstalled latest update. No joy. Read a post that said you need to watch how to change orientation of drone at each step of update. From this, noticed the drone pictured with arms closed. Started IMU update again with arms closed. Rotated drone after step 1 but still freezes at step 2. Tried again with arms opened and rotating for step 2. Still no go. Have attempted many times and in several locations. IMU still shows yellow which is acceptable.

I'm on the east coast. Will be traveling to west coast in 2 weeks and will give it a try there. Unless someone has a.n actual method for completing all 5 steps, I'm not wasting any more time on this.

Hi, Marty. Thanks for the reply. Are there any error codes that appear? If none and the operation are correct but the calibration fails several times, in this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-22
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-22 07:56
Hi, Marty. Thanks for the reply. Are there any error codes that appear? If none and the operation are correct but the calibration fails several times, in this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis.  You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support). We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.

Hi Marty, Solved it this way: start calibration, then do the required moves. I.e. put the drone on its back, sides and bottom. Observe the light turn yellow on the drone. And when they return to green see the calibration go to the next step. Until it says calibration complete. Success!
2023-7-9
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hurstja Posted at 7-9 05:25
Hi Marty, Solved it this way: start calibration, then do the required moves. I.e. put the drone on its back, sides and bottom. Observe the light turn yellow on the drone. And when they return to green see the calibration go to the next step. Until it says calibration complete. Success!

Thanks for suggesting. Sounds promising. Just back from California where tried and failed IMU calibration. Mavic 2 Pro performed flawlessly even returning home when sight and orientation was lost. Will give your method a try and report back.
2023-7-9
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hurstja Posted at 7-9 05:25
Hi Marty, Solved it this way: start calibration, then do the required moves. I.e. put the drone on its back, sides and bottom. Observe the light turn yellow on the drone. And when they return to green see the calibration go to the next step. Until it says calibration complete. Success!

Your suggestions are the only ones even close. I am using a smart controller which normally in even bright sunlight has great visibility. However, even though overcast today, the drone grahic in IMU Calibration is the dark gray of the drone on a black background is near impossible to clearly see. Just as bad, DJI didn't add written directions at each step like, "Turn drone on left side, right side, bottom and on rear end. It took 3 tries but finally completed.

Thanks again and maybe DJI technical help on this forum can use this information next time someone has same issue.
2023-7-10
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Glad I could help, Marty.
2023-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now