RC231 usable for a Mini 3 PRO
552 4 2023-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
junkbrol
lvl.1

Brazil

I have a mini 2 which has been satisfactory so far
But I would like to step up to the better things (proximity sensors and ability to record in portrait mode and follow me)
Question 1 : can I use my RC231 controler (from my mini 2) for a mini 3 pro ?
Question 2 : is switching between drones easy on the app (android) ? or is there a whole initialisation setup to go over each time I want to switch form 2 to 3 or inverse ?
Thanks upfront for your input(s)

2023-6-1
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

You must first bind the new drone to the controller but after that,for ME, and my M3 (non-pro) it is no big deal  (Someone else might confirm this for  the Pro?)

BINDING As I recall, It is a little involved... Firstly, you  will need one of the newer versions of DJI FLY. You will need an internet connection. and to login with your existing account... Instructions are in the manual and searching here and online will generally get you through it easily.

But Once that is done, you simply choose the drone you want to fly in DJI Fly and the controller controller wil take less than a minute to "update" itself. Without logging in or internet needed. And you only need to do this when you are switching drones.
2023-6-1
Use props
junkbrol
lvl.1

Brazil

thx for your info nazgull
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC 231 is the certified model, and RC-N1 is the name of the remote controller. Therefore, the answer is YES, the DJI RC-N1 is compatible with both DJI Mini 3 pro and DJI Mini 2 aircraft. Please make sure to perform the necessary firmware update before switching aircraft to avoid any connection issues. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, junkbrol. Thank you for reaching out. RC231 or RC-N1 is compatible with Mini 3 Pro. For your second question, please refer to nazgull's reply above. Thank you for your support.
2023-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules