1864 27 2023-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like the anti reflective protection on my right pupil lens appears to have surface dots as if the reflective coating is wearing off, odd because I never had issues on 5 of my googles v2
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please take a picture showing the issue so we can check? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-2
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. Can you please try to wipe the lens with a clean cloth to see if the issue persists? Does this issue have any influence on the Goggles image? Does this issue occur after having contact with water? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-15
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Greetings !! I have the same problem too !! Even cleaning the problem persists ..... it seems more that it is inside the protective glass and not on the outside.

No contact with water or light. Also I also have 3 burned pixels because you see black points.

I have to say this version of googles really sucks.
2023-6-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 6-16 00:43
Greetings !! I have the same problem too !! Even cleaning the problem persists ..... it seems more that it is inside the protective glass and not on the outside.

No contact with water or light. Also I also have 3 burned pixels because you see black points.

Phew thought it was just me, I don't have any bad pixels, always use lens cover no direct light contact, etc, etc.. From inspection just looks like surface coating wear in an odd way... Doesn't impact Visual performance for now...
2023-6-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-15 22:42
Sorry for the late response. Can you please try to wipe the lens with a clean cloth to see if the issue persists? Does this issue have any influence on the Goggles image? Does this issue occur after having contact with water? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Yes I cleaned it with soap water, lens cleaner, etc etc anything without ammonia of course, still there. ideas for lens replacement?
2023-6-16
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-16 08:17
Phew thought it was just me, I don't have any bad pixels, always use lens cover no direct light contact, etc, etc.. From inspection just looks like surface coating wear in an odd way... Doesn't impact Visual performance for now...

HI !! Always used the light protection and yet here are the burnt pixels.

For the lenses in my opinion the problem is inside them ...

In addition, I use the goggles 2 very little because I prefer to use the V2 with which I feel better.

I don't know what to say....
2023-6-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Max90payneFPV Posted at 6-16 09:58
HI !! Always used the light protection and yet here are the burnt pixels.

For the lenses in my opinion the problem is inside them ...

agreed, goggles 2 always feel like I need to fine adjust to be usable, and still feel handicapped good thing I have like 4 goggles v2 lol
2023-6-16
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great... now that I pixel peep, I noticed a hot flickering pixel on the tainted screen, now that I see it, I can't unsee it lol
2023-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-16 08:18
Yes I cleaned it with soap water, lens cleaner, etc etc anything without ammonia of course, still there. ideas for lens replacement?

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index  . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-18
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 04:50
Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. You may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index  . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Ugg... So i'll be out of goggles for weeks or more?  
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-18 09:41
Ugg... So i'll be out of goggles for weeks or more?

My apologies, but we cannot troubleshoot this kind of issue remotely. For us to further check the unit, we recommend you send it to us. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-6-19
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 02:22
My apologies, but we cannot troubleshoot this kind of issue remotely. For us to further check the unit, we recommend you send it to us. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Isn't there a replacement optic option? I rather do that than send in a while unit not knowing or constantly following up headache
2023-6-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-19 10:24
Isn't there a replacement optic option? I rather do that than send in a while unit not knowing or constantly following up headache

Thank you for your response. I already sent you a PM, please check your inbox. Thank you.
2023-6-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-16 11:10
agreed, goggles 2 always feel like I need to fine adjust to be usable, and still feel handicapped good thing I have like 4 goggles v2 lol

So sending them in and getting them properly repaired shouldn't be too much of an issue.
2023-6-23
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-23 11:55
So sending them in and getting them properly repaired shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Just the inconvenience, lack of OSD recording, form factor of swapping my bag to fit the old goggles, etc, etc.  Not to mention need new foam since I used some old foam to mold the goggles 2 to fit lol
The defect hasn't optically deteriorated or affected the image quality so not exactly annoyed to the intolerable point
2023-6-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-23 14:30
Just the inconvenience, lack of OSD recording, form factor of swapping my bag to fit the old goggles, etc, etc.  Not to mention need new foam since I used some old foam to mold the goggles 2 to fit lol
The defect hasn't optically deteriorated or affected the image quality so not exactly annoyed to the intolerable point

I'm sorry, I'm trying to read your posts, but there is something that keeps taking my concentration away..

What is that in the circle???

2023-6-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 6-23 15:13
I'm sorry, I'm trying to read your posts, but there is something that keeps taking my concentration away..

Perhaps I'm wrong but I like this one more...

2023-6-23
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-23 14:30

You got this!
2023-6-23
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-23 15:19
Perhaps I'm wrong but I like this one more...

[view_image]

snap out of it, focus! lol

we're talking about my goggles here, the 750$ device you wear lol
2023-6-24
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-23 15:13

Shadow from the light from the image I didn't spend any time for my avatar photo lol
2023-6-24
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-24 09:53
snap out of it, focus! lol

we're talking about my goggles here, the 750$ device you wear lol

Oh yes, your black goggles...

Nope... I can't do it...
2023-6-24
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-24 13:36
Oh yes, your black goggles...

Nope... I can't do it...

Good thing for goggle osd recording, now get to figure out how RTL thought 200ft off ground was a good altitude to disarm, thank god for perfectly balanced center of gravity fell flat like a dead cat lol
2023-6-24
Use props
Eaguilera40
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2542887 ft
United States

I was having the exact same issue and DJI replaced my goggles. These in the picture below are less than a month old and have started on the right side to do the same thing. DJI needs to address this on goggles that are almost $800
IMG_3092.jpeg
2023-9-11
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eaguilera40@me.coM Posted at 9-11 23:46
I was having the exact same issue and DJI replaced my goggles. These in the picture below are less than a month old and have started on the right side to do the same thing. DJI needs to address this on goggles that are almost $800

Phew good to know I'm not the only person.  

I modified the foam to fit just perfectly so far hasn't affected the goggles performance
2023-9-12
Use props
djiuser_RPNRPujQm2HE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1021142 ft
United States

Elephant Apocalypse Posted at 6-3 09:14
[view_image]

Same problem with mine. Always use a dry lens cloth for glasses. Problem seems inside not on surface.  Doesn't appear to have any impact to optics but nonetheless annoying to happen for something so expensive. V2 has no problems like this.
16968714861526497362795191839300.jpg
2023-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_RPNRPujQm2HE Posted at 10-9 09:13
Same problem with mine. Always use a dry lens cloth for glasses. Problem seems inside not on surface.  Doesn't appear to have any impact to optics but nonetheless annoying to happen for something so expensive. V2 has no problems like this.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the goggles in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules