524 11 2023-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyCryer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1584596 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I was creating some waypoints for video and hyperlapse to protocol my house building. The video waypoints are working fine, as long as i use the same startpoint, i know.

But the hyperlapse waypoints are not working anymore after some days. So i create the hyperlapse waypoints, save them. Then next time i use the same starting point but only sometimes they still work. Today i wanted to use a saved waypoint, it works some days back after oading correct. But today the drone wanted to go extrem low, the waypoint is at 41 Meters. But this time i had to stop it going below 21 meters, that is way of.

So i just wondering if i do something wrong or if there is a known bug. Did others had the same problem and could solve it?

As said my starting point/height is the same everytime so that is not a problem. And as far as i know DJI is using barometric perssure to calculate the high. But my starting point is used, right? So as long as i use the same starting height, even if pressure did change in the last days after i created the mission, it should be correct because of the starting high, or not?
2023-6-2
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly I never have what I would consider “successful” waypoint missions unless I fly them in exactly the same day and back to back and even then the Mavic 3 is a few feet off on each point.  Trying to fly a waypoint mission I created a month ago is very unreliable. I have yet to get any waypoint missions video footage to actually line up in a video editor without it being off in one of the directions such as altitude, heading or yaw.  

I know my case is not as extreme as yours, but this is why I don’t rely on waypoints for repeat flights - the results are 9 out of 10 times inaccurate.
2023-6-2
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

dronethemoment Posted at 6-2 04:05
Honestly I never have what I would consider “successful” waypoint missions unless I fly them in exactly the same day and back to back and even then the Mavic 3 is a few feet off on each point.  Trying to fly a waypoint mission I created a month ago is very unreliable. I have yet to get any waypoint missions video footage to actually line up in a video editor without it being off in one of the directions such as altitude, heading or yaw.  

I know my case is not as extreme as yours, but this is why I don’t rely on waypoints for repeat flights - the results are 9 out of 10 times inaccurate.

Do you mean the video waypoints or the hyperlapse waypoints?. but in both cases even if you use the exact same starting point there will be a smaller difference. But with video editor you can scale and move the overlapping videos to get a better match.

But for it is is not just a smaller difference, on 1 day it starts on 41 meters and some days later I have to stop it descending under 20 meters.
2023-6-2
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

dronethemoment Posted at 6-2 04:05
Honestly I never have what I would consider “successful” waypoint missions unless I fly them in exactly the same day and back to back and even then the Mavic 3 is a few feet off on each point.  Trying to fly a waypoint mission I created a month ago is very unreliable. I have yet to get any waypoint missions video footage to actually line up in a video editor without it being off in one of the directions such as altitude, heading or yaw.  

I know my case is not as extreme as yours, but this is why I don’t rely on waypoints for repeat flights - the results are 9 out of 10 times inaccurate.

And btw they classic waypoints work great every time. Taking video every few days.

Only hyperlapse waypoint is broken.
2023-6-2
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyCryer Posted at 6-2 04:26
Do you mean the video waypoints or the hyperlapse waypoints?. but in both cases even if you use the exact same starting point there will be a smaller difference. But with video editor you can scale and move the overlapping videos to get a better match.

But for it is is not just a smaller difference, on 1 day it starts on 41 meters and some days later I have to stop it descending under 20 meters.

I think what I’m trying to say is that the waypoint either video or hyperlapse are unreliable for matching footage flown at different times.  However I see the value in waypoints as getting complex shots with the drone flying and smoothing out the transitions. I just prefer to fly them by hand first and then fly a mission from that to get a better shot.

I don’t fly a waypoint flight and save it then try it again a week later. Something could have changed or the satellites are different, etc. if I were, my finger would be on the pause button to prevent a situation like you did.
2023-6-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-2
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-2 22:20
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Could it be my barometer has problems? But I would say no because the video waypoints do works as expected since I created them. Only. hyper lapse waypoints having problem with the height.
2023-6-3
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Am I the only one with this kind of problems? Then I would send my mavic back for repair. Or do other have the same problems?

It is only with hyperlapse waypoints after some days reusing the saved route that the altitude is wrong. The other waypoints for video work fine. So hardware should be fine.
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SkyCryer Posted at 6-3 02:20
Could it be my barometer has problems? But I would say no because the video waypoints do works as expected since I created them. Only. hyper lapse waypoints having problem with the height.

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what remote controller are you using? Kindly please try to connect your remote controller and aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. If you could provide us a screen recording or a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-5
Use props
SkyCryer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-5 01:12
Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what remote controller are you using? Kindly please try to connect your remote controller and aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. If you could provide us a screen recording or a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am using the DJI RC Pro, Firmware is the latest also tried to refresh it with the DJI Assistant 2 software but with no change.

Do you mean a screen recording that shows how I use the hyper lapse waypoint and where it goes to wrong altitude? How would you know what it should look if it would work correct?
2023-6-5
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

SkyCryer Posted at 6-5 02:49
I am using the DJI RC Pro, Firmware is the latest also tried to refresh it with the DJI Assistant 2 software but with no change.

Do you mean a screen recording that shows how I use the hyper lapse waypoint and where it goes to wrong altitude? How would you know what it should look if it would work correct?

In recorded screen it can be seen the altitude on each Hyperlapse...this is what DJI needs...
If you load one HL and works at 40m height, than same one is going 20m height, can be seen in recorded screen.
2023-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

SkyCryer Posted at 6-5 02:49

Thank you for your response. Please have a test flight and please let your DJI RC Pro record the screen so we can check it here on our end. Keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules