Hdmi cable for Ziess goggles to controller?
892 7 2015-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stayathome29
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52707 ft
United States

Hi all,

So the HDMI cable I am currently using is of poor quality and causing the video for FPV to drop in and out and i need a new one. Unfortunately I can't remember the size of the plugs and was also wanting to know where is a good place to get a decent cable at so i don't have to go through this again?

Thanks,

Scott
2015-8-26
Use props
Minmim81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7780965 ft
Australia

hey! there was one guy who got an HDMI mini to HDMI mini in a ribbon cable format that was about 8 cms in length for his ronin to the camera connection (perfect for us with cinemizers) but i have also found it impossible to track down. I suggest buying 2 HDMI to HDMI mini ribbon cables from hobbyking, and stripping one end and joining each. I have been told the polarity and plug direction of both the mini and standard size are the same amount of pins and location of pins.  I have been meaning to do this for AGES, as I also have a stupid length of temperamental cables to do the same band aid job! The other way to do it would be to open the base of the controller and make your own connection out of the hdmi board, so that there is a loose cable connection, as the plug on the controller is also rubbish.
2015-8-27
Use props
stayathome29
lvl.2
United States

Nice idea, the connection on the controller is fine the problem I have is the cable its self, the connector is pulling out causing a bad connection on the cable.
2015-8-27
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

go to Monoprice...  I have a 8" cable with molded ends, very sturdy.  I also have a 10' one for my HDMI monitor(this one is thin and flexible)
2015-8-27
Use props
stayathome29
lvl.2
United States

What are the correct hdmi ends that I need? Mini hdmi or what?
2015-8-28
Use props
stayathome29
lvl.2
United States

What type of hdmi ends do I need on this cable? I can't recall off the top of my head right now. Thanks, Scott
2015-8-28
Use props
Minmim81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7780965 ft
Australia

cool, thanks I will try that cable u suggested.
you need HDMI mini on both ends, and if you velcrose the zeiss module under the controller (sits flush, doesn't change its sitting 'balance') then you probably only need literally 5 cms of cable (ribbon cable) sorry for the late reply
2015-8-30
Use props
stayathome29
lvl.2
United States

Minmim81 Posted at 2015-8-30 06:40
cool, thanks I will try that cable u suggested.
you need HDMI mini on both ends, and if you velcrose ...

Went to Monoprice and sent an email describing what I needed in a cable, they replied that they don't carry cables with two male ends like the inspire needs. What is another place to get the right cable that is not of poor quality?
2015-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules