894 1 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will be mapping a coastal area with M3E and DJI Pilot 2 which contains an authorization zone at one end of it (as shown below), which I can self unlock and have via the online portal to sync with controller to confirm it is valid prior to going to the actual site - it appears this would be better than performing a live unlock needing a data connection and also which also appears to only be valid for each flight (or rather until aircraft restarted). On other older DJI aircraft I have after syning you had the option to enable or disable the approval/unlocked areas (with DJI Go 4), and had to for example take off inside the unlocked area with the area unlock enabled, however could not fly outside it or into.

On the DJI Pilot 2 application there is no such option to enable/disable the unlocked area that i can see as it just shows as "valid" and I see in the manual there is a 20m "buffer" zone and in which the aircraft can only take off and land in this buffer zone and can fly into the restricted/authorization zone (if unlocked) BUT not back into the buffer zone again ... so if I understand correctly you can not exit the unlocked area once you are in it (even back into the 20m buffer zone), so the behaviour would prevent mapping the complete area without having to split into flights within and outside of these areas. Is this correct - I assume I could also take off within the unlocked area not just in the buffer area also?  The risk for me is that this is a coastal area and there is sea three sides of the restricted area if the drone decides to land itself!  Has anyone experence of flying in such scenarios when mapping with DJI Pilot 2?

authorization zone

authorization zone

2023-6-4
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just an update appears you can enable/disable the zone once imported into the aircraft.   Picture from another website I found..

Still curious as to if anyone has actually flown inside one of these and if encountered any issues.  I am planning of flying more slowly and leaving a suitable buffer to attempt to fly inside.
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules