351 2 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacob N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37956 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I just had ESC issues with MAS props together with AXISFLYING C157 motor upgrade. Thought I had ruined ESC board with bad soldering - I got ESC errors in 9 out of 10 cases. After a long sequence of restarts and battery unplugging, turning upside down etc - Avata would eventually start normally without ESC error and fly perfectly well. Until next time swapping a battery and I got the same problem. Then it struck me: I got the idea to briefly touch the motors and discharge for static electricity. PROBLEM SOLVED! Axisflying had dealt with this issue for some time and they just confirmed they could replicate the fix on their side and were rather thrilled! When people like me are doing motor upgrades they often change to other props as well. I had both new motors AND non-original props, so problem was not even with the motor change. It seems non/original props build up more static electricity in some cases - or maybe the motors just needed some caressing love In any case this easy fix solved the ESC problem for me and Avata is now powering up every single time. Just touch/discharge motor housings once in a while and ESC will be happy - and I was extremely happy saving both frustration and money not having to send my Avata in for ESC change. NOTE: This was with the combination of MAS props and C157 motors, but it may be a fix for original motors/non-original props as well. TRY IT - IT'S FREE
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to know that you experience an issue before but we're glad that you managed to isolate it. We also appreciate you for sharing the steps that you perform as this might help our fellow DJI Pilots having the same issue. Should you have any inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.  
2023-6-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice fix.  Thanks for taking the time to make this informative video.  
2023-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules