520 4 2023-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vNHka855VU4G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1169327 ft

Sweden

Dear DJI.

Yesterday I bought a very nice pre-owned Mavic 2 Pro with a flymore kit. The drone and remote boots and seems to be connecting but when trying to register it to my DJI-account I got the error 1112: 'activation prohibited' or similar. It also won't spin up the motors when trying to fly it 'barebones'.

The previous owner told me that the firmware probably is outdated and needs updating but since I can't connect it to the GO app and pull the info form the drone, I'm stuck without ideas.

What is the cause of this? When checking the serial number the drone comes up as 'No activation records found' making me believe that the unit is not reported as a stolen unit or similar but de-registered from the former owners DJI-account.

The serial number in question is 163CGCJR0A6PQW. Can I please have some guidance on what the issue might be?

Kind regards.
2023-6-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We already sent you a PM regarding this inquiry, kindly please check your inbox. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-7
Use props
Mastoras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558517 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just had that happen to me to today. Brand new sealed Mavic 3 Pro from eBay user, he bought off DJI but sold it on eBay. Bought it. Upon receiving it wouldn't let me activate it. Same error as you. Perhaps that unit was tied to his account, since he never opened it? Either way he accepted return and refund and instead I purchased directly from DJI right after. Hopefully won't have that problem again.
2023-6-7
Use props
djiuser_vNHka855VU4G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1169327 ft

Sweden

@Mastoras

I hope that you got a more positive response than I did. Turns out that my pre-owned M2P, and possibly the flymore kit, was 'stolen during transport'. I'm not sure if this means that the drone was stolen from an end user or if it was stolen from a shipping company en route through DJI's distribution network.

The saddest thing is that I actually checked the serial number through DJI's online service to do my due diligence - and got the impression that it was OK since no form of warning flags appeared.

My feelings here are two sided:
One: it's a good thing that DJI is taking active measures to prevent that our drones are being 'hot objects of burglary'.
Two: It's pretty sad that the on-line serial number check service doesn't alert us with a "Contact DJI before purchasing or servicing this unit" or something similar.

I guess this is a common problem since they are actively grounding stolen units.
2023-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_vNHka855VU4G Posted at 6-7 18:00
@Mastoras

I hope that you got a more positive response than I did. Turns out that my pre-owned M2P, and possibly the flymore kit, was 'stolen during transport'. I'm not sure if this means that the drone was stolen from an end user or if it was stolen from a shipping company en route through DJI's distribution network.

Sadly the drone was stolen before it was ever sold to a consumer,   if you have an older drone stolen like this theres nothing DJI will do to block it.  
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules