Battery upgrade required
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tinkyhead
New
Flight distance : 69 ft
United States

I have had my p3p for several months now, I was about to fly when I noticed upgrade required for battery in red (!) have anyone had this problem?
2015-8-27
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It appears id the battery need an update.. Do you use multiple batteries? They need doing one by one.. Put the lkatest firmware on the SD and power the P3 on, it takes about 203 minutes.
2015-8-27
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-27 15:12
It appears id the battery need an update.. Do you use multiple batteries? They need doing one by one ...

If you upgrade and then power down insert a new battery and boot up you get an error. Must be some other way?
2015-8-27
Use props
tinkyhead
New
Flight distance : 69 ft
United States

Yes i have more than 1 battery, you were correct put in each battery with update firmware,and no more display of need to upgrade battery.thanks sploodge
2015-8-28
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Splooge states, Make sure you keep your firmware on your MicroSD card when you are installing all your new batteries.....it must be there for your batteries to updae
2015-8-28
Use props
captbill5491
New

United States

I just did and update everything was successful but now whe I put in my spare battery I get the red warning stating battery needs update but if I use the battery that was in it when I did the upgrade no red warning.
2015-8-28
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

captbill5491 Posted at 2015-8-28 16:34
I just did and update everything was successful but now whe I put in my spare battery I get the red  ...

You need to update every battery, no way around it.
2015-8-28
Use props
captbill5491
New

United States

So I updated the battery and now I getting a red flag that the aircraft has to be updated. But if I put the other battery in it states everything is up to date.
2015-8-28
Use props
Apples
lvl.1

Vietnam

I just purchased a new battery and it requires an update but I watched a vid o and the battery lights were supposed to flash, this did not occur. I wonder if the battery saw update is loaded on v1.5.bin
2015-12-12
Use props
Apples
lvl.1

Vietnam

Apples Posted at 2015-12-13 00:14
I just purchased a new battery and it requires an update but I watched a vid o and the battery light ...

Everything is fine.
Before I had used the Battery I had upgraded the firmware in Aircraft, Controller and Gimbal to V1.5..
When I was off on a mission, I could have kicked the machine a mile because the job I wanted to do required three batteries and 1 had the "Upgrade required"

Came home, removed the SD card, copied all the files on the card to my computer and made the card "fresh" with only the .bin file in the root directory.
Reinserted the card into the Aircraft with the offending battery. Powered it on and the battery upgraded. I did not see the lights flash Like I had seen on a "Battery upgrade Youtube" but when I reconnected it to the controller, the upgrade warning was gone and the aircraft was ready to fly.
Good Luck
2015-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules