693 5 2023-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nethfel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19728 ft
United States

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Air 2s to upgrade from my Air 2.  I also picked up the RC Pro (I was used to using the Smart Controller, but I also upgraded my mini 2 to a mini 3 pro so made sense to get the new RC Pro) - every time I'm in the field it's giving me a heigh restriction.  I've signed into the controller at home, and signed out and signed back into it while on my wifi, but if I go anywhere it's putting a restriction on until I've connected the controller to my phone as a hot spot.  

I had read one post of a person saying to sign out and sign back in - didn't work.  I had also read somewhere about turning off the wifi on the controller (for internet access) which I honestly haven't tried yet.  I wasn't really having this level/type of issue with the smart controller (made me connect to the internet on occaision but not every flight).  Has anyone else run into this?  The Air 2s is bound to the RC PRo.  Not sure what I may be doing wrong.

2023-6-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

sounds like you are not properly signed in
2023-6-9
Use props
Nethfel
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-9 14:17
sounds like you are not properly signed in
I'm pretty sure I am as it shows my profile, unless it's expecting me to sign in somewhere other than the DJI Fly app.

Plus if I wasn’t signed in, I’d imagine that it would still have the limit in place even after connecting the controller to my hotspot
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot of the said error message and send it to us so we can check? Also, you may try to connect your aircraft and DJI RC Pro via DJI Assistant 2 software to update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-6-9
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

As above - what does "putting a restriction on" mean exactly? Screen shot? I also use a RC Pro with my Air 2S, and tether it to my iphone for wifi, and have no issues using it.
2023-6-10
Use props
Nethfel
lvl.1
United States

sduck Posted at 6-10 07:44
As above - what does "putting a restriction on" mean exactly? Screen shot? I also use a RC Pro with my Air 2S, and tether it to my iphone for wifi, and have no issues using it.

It’s a restriction warning that can pop up on the screen warning of a distance / altitude limit which normally would happen if you’re either not signed in or your sign in period has expired.

Yes, I can tether to get rid of that warning and fly normally (which I believe I did mention in my original post) - the point is you’re not supposed to have to always be connected to the internet in some way to fly - one is not always where internet access is available even via a cell phone tether.
2023-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules