Western Pennsylvania
1101 14 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

Took my P3P to Western Pennsylvania and captured some footage and to get comfortable flying my P3P since I am new to this technology. Also learning to edit video which is quite a challenge.

I have a question to the group. Do you record in 4K mode or 1080P. My laptop cannot handle the 4K video but my desktop with a 4K monitor works fine. This video was shot in 1080P and I noticed viewing the video in full screen mode, some footage looks awful. Is this because of the 1080P?
Thanks and I look forward in hearing your comments.
Mike

2015-8-27
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely beautiful colors.   Is that directly from the P3 with a filter installed or some post-processing?
2015-8-27
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-8-27 22:11
Absolutely beautiful colors.   Is that directly from the P3 with a filter installed or some post-pro ...

Forgot to mentioned that the post-processing was done with Photoshop and the video is 7 minutes long.
2015-8-27
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Very nice, The video quality is outstanding. The covered bridge transition was very cool. Got to love the P3.
2015-8-27
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
United States

lignow Posted at 2015-8-28 02:55
Very nice, The video quality is outstanding. The covered bridge transition was very cool. Got to lov ...

I do love the Phantom but I do get nervous and my hands begin to shake. This trip was a good experience for me since I was in wided open spaces. Help calm my nerves.
2015-8-27
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

Haha, awesome!  The last thing I expected to see here was some video of my hometown of Curwensville!  Great video, thanks!
2018-2-23
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
United States

Jerkman Posted at 2018-2-23 11:34
Haha, awesome!  The last thing I expected to see here was some video of my hometown of Curwensville!  Great video, thanks!

Thanks, my wife is from New Washington. So when we visit, I take my drone to capture some nice farm country.
2018-2-23
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Good work
2018-2-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Very nice...I record in 1080 for similar reasons, currently no system that can handle 4K
Still 1080 comes out looking great, but I come from an era where 7 mp photos were the bomb...
I figure about the time I get 4K capability they will be up to something higher, you can only chase so many rabbits...
Fly Safe
2018-2-23
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

msoto Posted at 2018-2-23 12:40
Thanks, my wife is from New Washington. So when we visit, I take my drone to capture some nice farm country.

Wow, that's really out there!  I'd recommend making the trip to Saint Francis University next time you are in town.  Nice little campus with some interesting buildings.  I'm going to try to head up there myself this summer and get some video.
2018-2-27
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

Very, very nice and great work.
I am also learning and live just south of Philadelphia.

Shot this today with my Phantom3 Advanced. The thing I was mad about is the best ND filter I had was a ND8 and I am sure I could have used a 16 or probably a 32 due to the bright sun and glare off the water.

The Advanced only shoots as high as 2.7 k and I am thinking about switching the camera to a Pro camera. I also have a Mavic Pro and should have also brought that.

Here is the video:  
2018-2-27
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
United States

Rickyber Posted at 2018-2-27 22:16
Very, very nice and great work.
I am also learning and live just south of Philadelphia.

Thanks for the comment. Your video looks great. I love the cargo ships and tug boats. Did you lose video when you fly over the bridge? I would think you had some interference with the metal. I don't know where exactly you were, but sure would like to fly there. Is that a no fly zone?
2018-2-28
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

msoto Posted at 2018-2-28 07:27
Thanks for the comment. Your video looks great. I love the cargo ships and tug boats. Did you lose video when you fly over the bridge? I would think you had some interference with the metal. I don't know where exactly you were, but sure would like to fly there. Is that a no fly zone?

No, I did not lose reception whatsoever. I was using the standard controller with Tozo parabolic reflectors which you can find on Amazon. I was actually getting close to two miles up river before any hint of signal loss.
If you look under the bridge in some shots, you will see a small tiny pier that juts out. That is where I was and is part of a tiny public park with a boat ramp. The place near the bridge is Talon Energy Stadium where the Philadelphia soccer team plays it's home games. I just happened to have a little brainstorm and went there thinking I could find a good close place to the Delaware River and got lucky.

If you look up river in some of the shots, you will see the skyline of Philadelphia which is about fifteen miles to the north. So, the Philadelphia Airport is about 14 miles to the north. The only problem is the river is used as a takeoff tangent from the airport and you have to be aware of that. Most of the planes that I saw above were ascending and appeared to be around 2000 ft. and above. But, I certainly kept it low when I saw a plane in the area.

This bridge is the southernmost bridge, among a multitude, that connects Pennsylvania with New Jersey. Although, I have been across that bridge many times, I did not realize the hub of activity on the river and it is really cool. They constantly must dredge the river to make a clear shipping lane as it is tidewater coming up from the south from the Delaware Bay and the Chesapeake Bay.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to give you a good aspect of the area.
Happy Flying !!!!!!
2018-2-28
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
United States

Rickyber Posted at 2018-2-28 08:02
No, I did not lose reception whatsoever. I was using the standard controller with Tozo parabolic reflectors which you can find on Amazon. I was actually getting close to two miles up river before any hint of signal loss.
If you look under the bridge in some shots, you will see a small tiny pier that juts out. That is where I was and is part of a tiny public park with a boat ramp. The place near the bridge is Talon Energy Stadium where the Philadelphia soccer team plays it's home games. I just happened to have a little brainstorm and went there thinking I could find a good close place to the Delaware River and got lucky.

Thanks for the info. I enjoyed watching your video.
2018-2-28
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Beautiful ! Thanks for sharing
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now