Nice cloud timelapse.
2023-6-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done lapse.  Really captures the clouds in motion.  Great job Scott.
2023-6-10
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-9 23:33
Nice cloud timelapse.

Thank you, they are fun with the Pocket 2!
2023-6-10
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-10 02:15
Nicely done lapse.  Really captures the clouds in motion.  Great job Scott.

Thank you, it was a 1 hour with 10 second intervals...
2023-6-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smbishop Posted at 6-10 03:36
Thank you, they are fun with the Pocket 2!

They sure are. I have planned to make on on my balcony at some point, now that I have a proper powerbank to power it through even the longer ones :-)
2023-6-10
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-10 14:22
They sure are. I have planned to make on on my balcony at some point, now that I have a proper powerbank to power it through even the longer ones :-)

I tried 2 hours without a power bank, and it did not make it.  I do have a power bank, and am trying to figure out at what point in the time lapse would I turn it on.  There is a lot of confusing information regarding this...
2023-6-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

smbishop Posted at 6-10 03:36
Thank you, it was a 1 hour with 10 second intervals...

You're very welcome.  Hope you have a great upcoming week.
2023-6-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smbishop Posted at 6-10 16:04
I tried 2 hours without a power bank, and it did not make it.  I do have a power bank, and am trying to figure out at what point in the time lapse would I turn it on.  There is a lot of confusing information regarding this...

One method that works for me:
First, make sure your power bank has a trickle charge mode. With that activated, the rate of the charge will be slower, so it will charge but not become charged so quickly it gets fully charged and stops charging at that point.

Then, make sure the battery level is at about 10-20% in the Pocket 2 when you connect the power bank. This keeps on charging the Pocket 2 while filming. When I tested this method, I planned to see how long will it run in the timelapse mode, but after eight hours (and still running), I thought I'm probably never recording for that long non-stop and gave up
2023-6-11
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-11 05:08
One method that works for me:
First, make sure your power bank has a trickle charge mode. With that activated, the rate of the charge will be slower, so it will charge but not become charged so quickly it gets fully charged and stops charging at that point.

Thank you for the explanation, it  makes perfect sense.  Now to search for a power bank with a trickle charge mode!
2023-6-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

smbishop Posted at 6-11 05:12
Thank you for the explanation, it  makes perfect sense.  Now to search for a power bank with a trickle charge mode!

Personally, I have an Anker PowerCore model with 20,000 mAh capacity, has worked great for me.
2023-6-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Short but nice!
2023-6-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 6-11 05:18
Personally, I have an Anker PowerCore model with 20,000 mAh capacity, has worked great for me.

They don't advice to use the P2 while filming.
It could ruin the internal battery.
It might have been my powerbank, but the P2 certainly did not perform very well while charging. Sometimes it charged, sometimes it did not.
2023-6-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-12 13:14
They don't advice to use the P2 while filming.
It could ruin the internal battery.
It might have been my powerbank, but the P2 certainly did not perform very well while charging. Sometimes it charged, sometimes it did not.

For what I've read, the advice from DJI has been somewhat mixed on the subject. I know they have said charging through an AC power adapter is not recommended while using the Pocket 2, but have said elsewhere (tip #10 at https://store.dji.com/guides/10-osmo-pocket-quick-tips/) that a power bank could be used to extend the recording time while filming. Of course, paying attention to the watt and ampere values is important to keep the battery in the best possible condition for as long as possible.

As for charging/not charging, that could be dependant on a couple of different issues. If the battery of the Pocket 2 gets fully charged by the power bank, the charging will stop and won't commence again unless removing and re-inserting the power bank charging cable. The method I mentioned before helps this by both slowing down the charging speed (hence the trickle charge mode) and having the most capacity to be fulfilled (lengthening the time the power bank charging time by both having more to charge for and having a slower pace in charging). Of course, this also varies depending on the power bank. For me, Anker has been a good brand, but there are also others than can work great and others that aren't really up to the job.
2023-6-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 6-13 12:46
For what I've read, the advice from DJI has been somewhat mixed on the subject. I know they have said charging through an AC power adapter is not recommended while using the Pocket 2, but have said elsewhere (tip #10 at https://store.dji.com/guides/10-osmo-pocket-quick-tips/) that a power bank could be used to extend the recording time while filming. Of course, paying attention to the watt and ampere values is important to keep the battery in the best possible condition for as long as possible.

As for charging/not charging, that could be dependant on a couple of different issues. If the battery of the Pocket 2 gets fully charged by the power bank, the charging will stop and won't commence again unless removing and re-inserting the power bank charging cable. The method I mentioned before helps this by both slowing down the charging speed (hence the trickle charge mode) and having the most capacity to be fulfilled (lengthening the time the power bank charging time by both having more to charge for and having a slower pace in charging). Of course, this also varies depending on the power bank. For me, Anker has been a good brand, but there are also others than can work great and others that aren't really up to the job.

What specs powerbank do you use?
Maybe it is my powerbank that is not sufficient.
2023-6-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-14 01:17
What specs powerbank do you use?
Maybe it is my powerbank that is not sufficient.

My powerbank is an Anker PowerCore Metro Essential 20,000 mAh / 72 Wh (Model A1268), output 5 V / Max 2.4 A per port.
2023-6-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 6-14 06:33
My powerbank is an Anker PowerCore Metro Essential 20,000 mAh / 72 Wh (Model A1268), output 5 V / Max 2.4 A per port.

Thanks, I'll have to check.
2023-6-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-15 01:59
Thanks, I'll have to check.

No problem, I hope you find one of those or another one that suits your needs well
2023-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules