Apps on smart controller
1188 2 2023-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

A couple of questions if youi don't mind...

I have a Mavic Air 2 and a Smart Controller.

I had not used my drone for over a year, and I charged everything up, and upgrade firmware on Smart Controller and the Air 2. Everything seemed to be working fine until I inserted an SD card to the controller. Now it will not run the Fly App. It keeps telling me it STOPPED. I tried again, and even restarted the controller, but it is a no go. I removed the SD card, and it came back to life. I put a second card in, and formatted it. And all is good again. Figured it out myself, so this is not a question. This may help someone else.

1) What happened? There used to be a forum for Mavic Air 2.

2) I don't understand how to upgrade the Fly App itself. Or downgrade it also if I need to. Is that done via the assistant, or ????

3) I can run the DJI GO 4 app, but it tells me I can't use it anymore. It also won't let me uninstall it. Is there a trick to get rid of this and free up some storage?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Best regards - Lee
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Lee. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experience and share with us the steps that you perform the fix the issue. You may refer to the response below.

1) What happened? There used to be a forum for Mavic Air 2.
If you want to create or post a new thread, please select the topic type as "Air Series" and then select the subtopic type as "Mavic Air 2"
2) I don't understand how to upgrade the Fly App itself. Or downgrade it also if I need to. Is that done via the assistant, or ????
We don't have the option to downgrade the version of the DJI Fly app. You may update this by going to the "About" section of the DJI Fly app.
3) I can run the DJI GO 4 app, but it tells me I can't use it anymore. It also won't let me uninstall it. Is there a trick to get rid of this and free up some storage?
Can you please send us a screenshot showing the error message so we can check it further?
2023-6-9
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you install a new SD card in most Android devices you have two options to choose from. Portable storage or expandable storage. If you choose the second then the phone/RC will treat it like internal storage and start moving app installs and/or app data/cache to the SD card. While this might sound like a good idea at first, it has a much slower read/write speed compared to the internal flash storage. Apps will load much slower and some apps won't work at all. The smart controller is already notoriously slow and running an Android OS that's now 7 versions old. DJI Fly probably doesn't support using external storage and this is why it will not run.

Do you have additional drones besides the Air 2? Because it's not going to be compatible with DJI GO 4. I'd guess that might be the reason it opens but says you can't use it. You can't uninstall it because it is a system app. Meaning it's installed as part of the Android OS. You'll need root to uninstall it completely. You may be able to disable it, but this will leave the app's APK taking up storage space just waiting to be reenabled.
2023-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules