7091 23 2023-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dthawk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apple and Google need to make MAVIC a recongnized legit word. Every time I type it. Auto Correct changes it to Magic.  WT*  So Sorry I digress.
I have the Mavic 2 Pro. Was looking at the Mavic 3 specs on DJI website, and I do not see the Remote ID in the specs. September 2023 will be a FAA requirement. Am I missing something?

I am seeing cost of $300 to add remote ID to my Mavic 2 pro. Seems a bit expensive for hobby of drone photography. And I own 2 of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To confirm, the DJI Mavic 3 is listed on the FAA RID-compliant drones. For more information about this, you may access this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-277548-1-1.html . Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-6-11
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 03:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To confirm, the DJI Mavic 3 is listed on the FAA RID-compliant drones. For more information about this, you may access this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-277548-1-1.html . Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!

Maybe I should have worded my post better.  You say the Mavic 3 Pro is compliant. Lets quit hovering around the topic with a non compliant reply. Lets GET straight to the point with a YES or NO answer.

DOES THE MAVIC 3 PRO include REMOTE ID ?
2023-6-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dthawk Posted at 6-11 04:05
Maybe I should have worded my post better.  You say the Mavic 3 Pro is compliant. Lets quit hovering around the topic with a non compliant reply. Lets GET straight to the point with a YES or NO answer.

Straight from the FAA web site  https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000000204
Mavic 3 Pro RID.jpg
2023-6-11
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

YES All Mavic 3's Include remote id
2023-6-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gift wrapped answer.  
2023-6-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 6-11 23:53
Gift wrapped answer.

With a cherry on top...
2023-6-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-11 23:56
With a cherry on top...

Right?  lol
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sorry for the confusion. The statement above means "Yes" the DJI Mavic 3 Pro is listed on the FAA RID-compliant drones. Feel free to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-12
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 00:52
Sorry for the confusion. The statement above means "Yes" the DJI Mavic 3 Pro is listed on the FAA RID-compliant drones. Feel free to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you.
I was on the DJI website looking at the SPECS and I did not find this option listed.

2023-6-12
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 6-11 10:56
YES All Mavic 3's Include remote id

Thank you.
2023-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres always drone tag which adds remote id for 89 euro.   https://shop.dronetag.cz/products/41-dronetag-bs.html
2023-6-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dthawk Posted at 6-12 02:24
Thank you.
I was on the DJI website looking at the SPECS and I did not find this option listed.

You are always welcome. We will gather this feedback of yours about our website and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-15
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 03:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To confirm, the DJI Mavic 3 is listed on the FAA RID-compliant drones. For more information about this, you may access this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-277548-1-1.html . Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!

I can't find any info on the manual on remote ID FOR my M30T.
I assume is remote ID compliant. Does remote ID needs to be turned on?
What app can read the DJI drones ID?
2023-6-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 6-17 18:30
I can't find any info on the manual on remote ID FOR my M30T.
I assume is remote ID compliant. Does remote ID needs to be turned on?

You do not need to guess.  See the list here:

https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

Your M30T is compliant.  
2023-6-17
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-17 18:37
You do not need to guess.  See the list here:

https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

thanks.

Does remote ID needs to be turned on?
2023-6-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 6-17 19:36
thanks.

Does remote ID needs to be turned on?

I don't know the official date when it becomes required here, but I'm sure a fellow member here or Google can give you that.  All of my drones are compliant now.  For the few I have that are not, they are FPV style and I can just use them at my local AMA park which is a FRIA.

With current firmware, Remote ID is not something you turn on and off.  It is on.

As far as apps that read it, I really don't know any names because I really don't care to spend time looking at what is flying and where.  Too busy flying my own.  : 0

2023-6-17
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-17 21:35
I don't know the official date when it becomes required here, but I'm sure a fellow member here or Google can give you that.  All of my drones are compliant now.  For the few I have that are not, they are FPV style and I can just use them at my local AMA park which is a FRIA.

With current firmware, Remote ID is not something you turn on and off.  It is on.

Thank you for the reply. I should have been more specific, manufacturer installed RID cannot be turned off, as I've learned now.

However, after market RID modules do have on/off switches.
2023-6-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Add Mavic to your device dictionary, easy.
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

UAViator53 Posted at 6-17 18:30
I can't find any info on the manual on remote ID FOR my M30T.
I assume is remote ID compliant. Does remote ID needs to be turned on?

Hi, the M30T is listed in FAA RID-compliant drones. For Enterprise drones: The Matrice 300 RTK, Matrice 30/Matrice 30T, Mavic 3M/3T/3E, and the new products launched after September 2022 all support the Remote ID function. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

UAViator53 Posted at 6-18 13:05
Thank you for the reply. I should have been more specific, manufacturer installed RID cannot be turned off, as I've learned now.

However, after market RID modules do have on/off switches.

Sure, you can always turn off or just not apply any third party solution.  However, as this becomes law, it is just easier to comply and make the device conform to the legal requirements rather than find ways to turn things off.  To each their own...but in the event I have an incident, no authority will be able to say I was skirting the rules.   I did notice the last time I renewed my commercial drone insurance policy that they had added a clause about being compliant.  So yeah, I don't need any claims denied either.

2023-6-19
Use props
malli35998
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432195 ft
United States

I just received my new Mavic 3M drone yesterday. I have applied all firmware updates. When I go to the RID info section in the Pilot 2 app only the aircraft S/N is listed. How do I activate RID on the M3M drone and when does the Remote ID S/N show up?
2023-12-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It is the same thing.
2023-12-13
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

every time i type fuck they both shrink the f hit box, without users permission, an enlarge the d hitbox so it spells duck.  yes there is anger.  
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules