RC Vs. RC Pro
1673 31 2023-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viralsaber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141070 ft
United States

Becides the Pro having the brighter screen are there any differences in these two controllers?  Does anyone know if you can run 3rd party apps like Litchi on either one of them?

2023-6-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pro has a much faster CPU and GPU. External antennas. Pro can install third party apps RC cannot. Most drones compatible with the Pro don't have an SDK though so flight apps are pointless. Pro also has HDMI out and chicks dig the look of a pilot with an RC Pro in hand. I'm sure I'm leaving some other things out.
2023-6-11
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
United States

What about the RC-N1 controller, will it work with the Mavic?
2023-6-11
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Yeah, one cost $300 and the other 4 times. So basically for the price of 1 rc pro, you could get 4 rc controller. How crazy is that. XD
2023-6-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Viralsaber Posted at 6-11 09:57
What about the RC-N1 controller, will it work with the Mavic?

There's only about 73 different drones that carry the name Mavic so I'm not sure which one you're talking about. Most of them will work with the RC-N1 though.
2023-6-11
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
United States

I'm talking about the mavic 3 pro.
2023-6-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Have a look at this DJI post:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 404&pid=3044534
2023-6-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Viralsaber Posted at 6-11 11:46
I'm talking about the mavic 3 pro.

Ok well Litchi and other third party apps aren't going to work for the M3Pro anyways.
2023-6-11
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
United States

They will eventually once DJI releases the sdk.
2023-6-11
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Viralsaber Posted at 6-11 12:43
They will eventually once DJI releases the sdk.

There's nothing to indicate that they ever will release it. In fact, there's more evidence that they will never release it. It's the new business model for DJI lately.
2023-6-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

These two controllers are worlds apart.  One is a entry level low cost controller, the other is the real deal.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Viralsaber. Thank you for your attention toward DJI products. DJI RC was rolled out to reduce consumer costs on the basis of DJI RC-N1’s control with mobile phones. With DJI RC, users can fly their aircraft immediately after powering on, without connecting it to a mobile device and debugging it. In addition, the product design is more simplified in terms of systems, ports, and buttons, but without compromising its control experience.

On this basis, the DJI Smart Controller and DJI RC Pro also allow users to view, manage, and share photos and videos, and support live streaming and personalized functions such as installation of third-party apps. The functional ports are richer. Hence, compared with DJI Air 2S Combo (DJI Smart Controller) and Mavic 3 Combo (DJI RC Pro), the price gap between the DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC-N1) and the DJI Mini 3 Pro (DJI RC) is relatively small.

Differences in gaps:
1. The DJI RC does not have a 5D Button. With a simplified design, its Flight Pause Button and Return to Home (RTH) Button are one and the same button.
2. The DJI RC does not have additional internal storage.
3. The DJI RC does not support the installation of third-party apps.
4. The DJI RC does not support outdoor mode.
5. Button: The DJI RC Pro has a 5D button, a Back button/Fn, and a C3 button, and the DJI RC does not have these buttons.
6. Performance: The DJI RC Pro processor has a robust performance and a large storage capacity and supports the installation of third-party apps. The DJI RC, however, does not.
7. Control: DJI RC Pro has a Hall spring joystick for greater accuracy and a smoother feeling. However, the DJI RC only has a potentiometer spring rocker.
8. DJI RC Pro supports the downloading, viewing, management, and direct sharing of original videos. However, in DJI RC, the microSD card needs to be inserted to download all non-10 bit 4K and below videos and photos (the DJI RC firmware should be updated to v01.02.0000), and only 1080p videos can be played.

Hope this helps.
2023-6-11
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
United States

So the reason I'm asking about the controller is I already have a Mini 3 Pro and the RC-N1, I like it because it lets me use a tablet as my screen instead of the small built in screen the RC & RC Pro have.  It sounds like it will work with the Mavic 3 Pro and so the only question I have now is can I run 3rd party apps?  

DJI Gamora, you said the RC doesn't support 3rd party apps but what about the RC-N1, it should be able to right?
2023-6-12
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, there has recently become a big difference from a broad operational standpoint.

DJI has essentially crippled the RC Pro and RC Pro Enterprise controllers with an update that automatically logs you out in a month or less regardless of flight frequency in order to forcibly update the Flysafe database, no other controllers currently do this including the excellent DJI RC. What this means is that until you can either get to wifi or cell service to log back in, your drone is hog tied into having a max altitude of 50M and max distance of 150M. There is no timer for this, no calendar in when it will occur and is said to have a frequency of one month but I have experienced it sooner and so have others.

I highly suggest you read these threads fully before spending the money on the RC Pro:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D774%26typeid%3D774
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=283249

I have one DJI RC Pro and now three DJI RC's and find all to be faultless in operation even at distance. But right now, the regular RC is the better bet because of this terrible move they made on the RC Pro. By the way, there are a number of new unused DJI RC's on the market because DJI is not yet selling the Mavic 3 Pro as a drone only. So many including me have bought the lowest tier because I already have an RC Pro with my Mavic 3 Cine. You can find clean unused DJI RC's for about $200-$250, an absolute bargain for what I think is an excellent controller.
2023-6-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI RC is super light which is great for hiking with.
2023-6-14
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Viralsaber Posted at 6-12 05:50
So the reason I'm asking about the controller is I already have a Mini 3 Pro and the RC-N1, I like it because it lets me use a tablet as my screen instead of the small built in screen the RC & RC Pro have.  It sounds like it will work with the Mavic 3 Pro and so the only question I have now is can I run 3rd party apps?  

DJI Gamora, you said the RC doesn't support 3rd party apps but what about the RC-N1, it should be able to right?

Depends on the device you use on the RC-N1,I use a Tripltek tablet which supports 3rd
party apps with that controller.
2023-6-14
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
United States

Pastime Posted at 6-14 08:41
Depends on the device you use on the RC-N1,I use a Tripltek tablet which supports 3rd
party apps with that controller.

I use my phone, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.
2023-6-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Is possible to install Google Map on the RC-Pro, for house address searching?

2023-6-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

MS Posted at 6-14 09:00
Is possible to install Google Map on the RC-Pro, for house address searching?

I have it on mine. Works correctly.
2023-6-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-14 09:17
I have it on mine. Works correctly.

Excellent. Thank you.
2023-6-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-14 09:17
I have it on mine. Works correctly.

Is there a way to get your current location displayed on Google Maps?
I tried installed Google Play Services "for greater accuracy", but the app just keeps crashing if I launch Google Maps.

(I'm just using the RC-Pro without a drone connected).
2023-6-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

MS Posted at 6-14 10:51
Is there a way to get your current location displayed on Google Maps?
I tried installed Google Play Services "for greater accuracy", but the app just keeps crashing if I launch Google Maps.

No. Google play services does not work on the RC Pro. I did just discover a work around. Install Chrome. Search for "my location". When the map shows up there, double tap it to open Google Maps. Now it shows your location. And it keeps working after reboots!!! wow, Who knew?
2023-6-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-14 11:18
No. Google play services does not work on the RC Pro. I did just discover a work around. Install Chrome. Search for "my location". When the map shows up there, double tap it to open Google Maps. Now it shows your location. And it keeps working after reboots!!! wow, Who knew?

Thank you very much. I'll give that a whirl.
2023-6-14
Use props
pawelPL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 773596 ft
Poland

Viralsaber Posted at 6-11 12:43
They will eventually once DJI releases the sdk.

This is how monopoly works ... sadly
2023-6-15
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-14 11:18
No. Google play services does not work on the RC Pro. I did just discover a work around. Install Chrome. Search for "my location". When the map shows up there, double tap it to open Google Maps. Now it shows your location. And it keeps working after reboots!!! wow, Who knew?

Thank you, I appreciate this info.
2023-6-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Viralsaber Posted at 6-12 05:50
So the reason I'm asking about the controller is I already have a Mini 3 Pro and the RC-N1, I like it because it lets me use a tablet as my screen instead of the small built in screen the RC & RC Pro have.  It sounds like it will work with the Mavic 3 Pro and so the only question I have now is can I run 3rd party apps?  

Hi, Viralsaber. RC-N1 is used with a phone or tablet. If your phone/tablet has enough storage and has the ability to install an app then you may install 3rd Party apps but please note that we only recommend the DJI Fly app to fly the drone with.
2023-6-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 6-14 01:38
DJI RC is super light which is great for hiking with.

Yes, that's so true... That's one of the thing I did appreciated most about the RC...
2023-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-26 15:00
Yes, that's so true... That's one of the thing I did appreciated most about the RC...

I was hiking with the Mini2 and the Smart Controller and the switch to the Mini 3 and RC was a night and day difference to me.  
2023-6-27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 00:07
I was hiking with the Mini2 and the Smart Controller and the switch to the Mini 3 and RC was a night and day difference to me.

Today I did about 3 batteries of flying time... I used the RC and it is so comfortable... Normally after 30 minutes with the RC Pro I need to put my arms down for a rest...

Even the N1, is nowhere near as comfortable as the RC..
2023-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-27 00:24
Today I did about 3 batteries of flying time... I used the RC and it is so comfortable... Normally after 30 minutes with the RC Pro I need to put my arms down for a rest...

Even the N1, is nowhere near as comfortable as the RC..

Have you got yourself a shade for yours?     Sunnylife do a cheap one thats quite good.  

2023-6-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 6-28 00:35
Have you got yourself a shade for yours?     Sunnylife do a cheap one thats quite good.  

No actually...

I tend to use my head to put shade on the screen... Sad... I know...

I may look into it...

Thanks mate
2023-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-28 03:12
No actually...

I tend to use my head to put shade on the screen...  Sad... I know...

It serves two purposes,  one the shade and second you dont need to remove the sticks when you bag it.
2023-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules